Lets see new lilies sprouting #2

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

To me it's a perfect cottage garden look. Well tended and loved and ready to burs with color.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Good luck on your echinacea, mstella. Rita, your garden is lush and beautiful looking......love the irises.

Here is "Dazzle" today, an LA and also my favorite yellow lily.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Shouldn't be too long...

Thumbnail by jmorth
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just "palm trees" here no buds anywhere.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

OT. Did I hear Echinaceas mentioned? lol Not sure if this is 'Sunrise' or 'Sunset'. I plant both cultivars last year but only one survives. Guess just like most hybrids, they're not as hardy as the species itself.

Jack, those buds are about to explode anyday now. ge1836, those so called "palm trees" are going to be luxuriant a little way down the road. :))

Thumbnail by Lily_love
North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Dazzle is very pretty.

Here are the Oriental lilies I planted this spring out in the front yard. Coming up nicely.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Those do look good Rita - and the ones in the middle appear to be trumpets?

Lily, looks like Echinaceas do well for you too. Mine are coming up all OVER the place. Not sure the variety; they apear to be the generic purple ones, but add some nice texture and form.

They are all supposed to be orientals but as you noticed the leaves are all different. I guess I will find out when they bloom. I wanted to have that little corner section be oriental lillies and if they are wrong I will move the bulbs and get new ones for there.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Nice pics. everyone. Annette, I too have a red NOID lily. Only it's like a new seedling, with one lone flower. Steve the purple Coneflowers are much loved by me too. They love lots of sun, and my garden is getting more shade year after year. Look like I need to convert everything/planting into liliums beds. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

This is "Neon Gold" which I fortunately got a supply of in 2009 before Buggy closed her online store. One of my very favorite Asiatics.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Found this one open too...not sure the name

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Gizmo is starting to open...my favorite LA

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Algarve, also an LA and IMO the best pink LA out there.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

This is going to be really cool when everything opens. My daylilies for some reason are bigger and better than ever though most have not bloomed yet. The tall orange lilies are LA "Swansea" which is a must have if you like LA's, and prob. my favorite LA overall.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Very nice way to treat the end of a wide area.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Lilies really popping in Tx. The 2nd entry looks like Zeus.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Steve, is your yard in a full sun (without alot of big trees)?. What gorgeous collection you've! I admire your yard, bit of jealousy for mine (yard) is getting so shady because of trees.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks you all :[-) Lily, I have lots of trees but also lots of sunny areas. Fortunately the west sun is on the side where all the trees are so they block the harshest sun.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Quoting:
...Fortunately the west sun is on the side where all the trees are so they block the harshest sun.
Umm how lucky can one gets! Having a cake and eat it too. lol. About the daylilies. I don't have many but a few. This one is bit unusual. Don't remember what the name was.

Jack, agreed, Tx is booming with lilies blooms, especially at Steve's place. ;))

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Lily, that is beautiful! And it is so hard to find a true good 'purple" daylily so tyou have a winner there :-) Where did you get it?

Here is a pic of the back from the back 40 - you can barely see the house at picture's top. Lots of potential gardening space were I not moving ;-)

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

jmorth yours should be about ready to pop too huh? Yours are always the first ones to bloom in your area it seems :-)

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Steve, I think the daylily origin was from R.U. in La. that I attended back in 2007. I am not sure. I'll however, try to contact some of my friends there to see if they recognized it. On second thought. I just made a tour through my neighborhood area. I think I saw one has a similiar daylily. If that were the case, they may have gotten them from one of the box stores in the area.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Nice place you've got there Steve. When you move, are the lilies going to join you?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Steve, look at all that potential gardening space! I need some land, I've decided. lol

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Steve, moving? Humm did you move a couple years ago Steve? Maybe we can swap houses. lol

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

SIL was using the weedwacker to edge the lawns.
DD walked up behind him and as he turned ,(without turning off the machine) YES he wacked an Alteri.
He felt so bad about it.
I said there are 5 stems in there 1 more or less isnt the end of the world.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

LOL ge you should remind him about it next time he does something wrong.

jmorth, I doubt I'll take the lilies with me as it will give me an excuse to order all new ones and they are pretty easily to replace and bring back up to full form in three years or so. Peonies on the other hand I will be bringing some with me, since they take so long to get established and at least I will have bigger roots to start with.

Hehehe Lily good idea....I have been in this house for 5 years now, so was just getting comfortably situated. Don't really like being uprooted again but this move might be for the overall good. Already told them (my superiors at work) I do not want to move again.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

My 1st Lily this year. It's from the Pixie line (probably a Buff Pixie). Pic is from the 23rd.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have Buff Pixi.Love it from The Lily Nook

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Congrats Jack on your first lily to bloom. I've some more blooms opened up recently.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Yes congratulations jmorth! Very pretty

I found another LA open....this may be El Condor? Not as "purple" as in the Pac. NW but still very pretty and great fragance.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Triumphator tonight

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

So pretty. :)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Awwww, wondering why my moniker is such? I LOVE them all. lol Hiya Moby.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Steve, since you've the most beautiful lilies at the time being, would you care to open the next thread? This one is getting long....

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Aee you are so sweet Lily - OK will open a new thread

Steve, very nice with the lilies and daylilies together there all blooming with more ready to pop. I like lilies with daylilies they look good together.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

I agree Rita on the lily & daylily combination...and thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.