Anyone have experience with Sucrashield?

Ann Arbor, MI

Has anyone out there used Sucrashield for their orchids (or other plants)? It sounds promising but isn't terribly cheap (particularly if it's just another so-so insecticide).

Thanks!

Jan

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Hi Jan,
I know this is a really late reply but I recently purchased a bottle of sucrashield to control spider mites in my greenhouse. It gets diluted a lot so one bottle will go a long way. The smell is strange, kind of flowery sweet but fake like the nasty scents added to household cleaners and cheap perfume. Smells better than many other pesticides though. It seems to be doing a better job on the spider mites than the insecticidal soap spray I used before and it doesn't leave a white film on the leaves. It's definitely not a spray-and-forget treatment since there will always be a few of the nasty buggers that survive and breed.

Ann Arbor, MI

Hi. Katlian--

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm sorry its taken me so long to get back -- I've been offline for a number of months (way too many work projects) so I'm just now catching up on other things.

This is very helpful! It sounds like Sucrashield isn't exactly miraculous but might be worth a shot. I like to stay away from the nasty chemicals as much as possible, so I'm always looking for this sort of thing.

Best,

Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.