AIS Region 18 Spring Meetin and Garden Tour/TBIS Convention

Cherryvale, KS

These are being held together in St'Joseph. MO. Wondering if anyone here is attending? pic Babylon Queen

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

I will be attending.
Dennis

Cherryvale, KS

Look forward to meeting you Dennis!

Madison, WI

I will be there.

Elladan
Madison Area Iris Society

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

We had show this week end , I think a few from Tulsa will be there any how. Have fun for me LOL

Ellinwood, KS(Zone 5b)

We'll be there!!! We can't wait!
Kim & Michelle

Cherryvale, KS

We had a show in Joplin this week-end and Barbara Nicodemus said that she was coming!! Woo Hoo!!
Looking forward to meeting you all in person!!

We are ready for pictures ((taps foot ))LOL

Cherryvale, KS

Finally made room reservations today!! procrastination! pic Devil May Care

Thumbnail by NickysIris

Devil May Care is stunning!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

While traveling from Florida to NY we stop off and visit our son in KY. We took a day trip and got to meet Dennis and his lovely wife. He has a marvelous way of growing seedlings. I was so impressed to see his gardens. Enjoy.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

My method of seed starting -seedling frames shown above- is described in an article I wrote that appears in the current Spring 2011 Issue of Tall Talk Magazine that is published twice a year and mailed to members of the Tall Bearded Iris Society. Web site is http://www.tbisonline.com/
Mittsy's picture was taken on 5/12. The frames shown hold 882 tubes with one seed in each tube. The seedlings are growing from 42 crosses I made last year.
Dennis

This is my method, so you can see why I am so impressed with Dennis!
Seneca Midnight Blue

Thumbnail by mittsy

Pod Parent

Borglum's Seneca Midnight Blue

Thumbnail by mittsy
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm very impressed by Dennis' method also.

Mittsy, can't wait to see those babies, from my favorite sib.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Does the AIS have local display gardens? Just wondering I love touring lovely gardens.
Teresa

South Hamilton, MA

Unless a display grden is sponsered by a local iris club, tours are at member's gardens. The Sass Memorial garden in NE is a disply garden supported by the Omaha Iris society the last I knew. doesn't help in KY bout if go from irises.org & find the region (7 I think) you might find out.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Ok, thanks
I know the AHS has private display gardens listed on the website by region. I have seen some beautiful gardens while traveling.
Teresa

Taylorsville, KY

Bluegrassmom, where is Lewisburg? There are a lot of members of AIS -- and our local club LAIS (Louisville Area Iris Society) who have their gardens open right now for people to see. BGIS (Bluegrass Iris Society) has gardens open in Lexington and Somerset. In fact, you just missed their club garden tour last Thursday of 4 area gardens.

Sue
Taylorsville, KY

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Sue, I am down near the TN border just north of Nashville, west of Bowling Green, KY. I would love to see the display gardens in Louisville. I have family there and go up to visit sometimes.

Teresa

Cherryvale, KS

The regional had outstanding bloom!!
Go to TBIS (Tall Bearded Iris Society) There is a list of people that will welcome you to their gardens. Usually you just have to call first.
Will post flower pictures later.
Please say a little prayer for our iris friends in Joplin, MO
pic Feudalism

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

region 18

Thumbnail by NickysIris

What a beautiful yard .
Hope it was not tore up in tornado.
Prayers for all the folks hurt and with damage .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.