Clematis blooms

McMinnville, TN

I took the advice of a Dave's Gardener member and cut back the vine last fall and it is doing great it has never had such huge blooms.

Thumbnail by BoopsieTN
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

How beautiful! I'm so glad it worked out so well for you.

McMinnville, TN

Thanks Pirl! I can't understand why my camera shows purple colors as blue, maybe it is about wore out since its old.

Boopsie

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

From all I've heard it's a difficult color for the camera to capture. You could try more photos in different light settings - like overcast or very sunny skies, as well as different times of day.

Today I discovered my camera is also giving me problems so soon I'll be in the market for a new one.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi all I'm sharing these photos of clematis that I saw at our local Garden Tour. I don't know what their names, but some interesting combo.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Princess Diana maybe?

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

... a deep blue clem. I have the problem with purple photos turning blue as well. It's due to the light spectrum condition of the environment....something I need to study more. But this blue turns blue. :)

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Back to the first group of clems. I think the white one is that of Henryii. The other is actually purple, not blue in color as it appears here.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The actual blue clem. with Princess Di combo.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.