Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Who:
ALL are cordially invited.

When:
Saturday May 28th, 2011 10AM-------

Where:
Chilo Locks Park
http://www.higginsportohio.com/chilo.html

Please stop by and let us know if you are coming and how many in your party.

Attendance List:

Attendance list?

Ric, Robyn
Pauletta, Denny, Michele, Little D, Janet (maybe)
taynors
defoecat, granddaughter, twin (maybe)
dispatcher, Dave
janaestone
Marcy, Dave
Esther, Bob
badseed, 7 kids, 2 friends
Mystic
Lana, Brian and Livestock
Celene, DH

This message was edited May 26, 2011 8:34 PM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

2 at least as Robyn and I may be bringing a guest.

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

4 mabe 5 if my daughter gets to come
Denny
Michele
Little D
Mabe Janet

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

2 for dispatcher1 ( me and Dave)

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

i may bring a date :)

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Sue...that makes 2...lollllllll!!

2 here...Dave and I

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

2 more here

LOL Marcy :) i posted before i thought about it LOL then i posted again.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL ...I know Sue...I was just givin u a hard time! :)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

So 14/16 so far.

Hopefully there will still BE an area by the River not under water by then....lol!

LOL Marcy i know . :)
bring a canoe just in case

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well...canoe or not...if there's too much water...Dave won't be there....LOL.
The man DON'T like water!!!! LOL!! Ohhh...and a canoe is like a boat...and he doesn't do boats....lmbo!!!!

i don't do boats either. way to many sharks !

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

So THAT explains the smell Marcy! LOL!

LOLLLL

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I will be there. I haven't asked if my DTS will be coming with me, so I will put down a maybe 3, as DGD may decide that she wants to come.

Cookie, and Bertie, I will urge Maggie to come join us this year!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I think Bertie has an event that day if I remember correctly.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yup...you got it right Ric!! LOL!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I guess I'm coming and bringing at least my 7. Who knows who else?!

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Well I am going to try to come. Sounds like a reunion of old friends.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm pretty sure Lana and Brian are also coming. :P

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Joyce asked me to add her name here too.

Bertie's Grandson is graduating so she will not be there.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I may be bringing a friend (my greenhouse helper) and her daughter.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I think there will only be me and Gabby, DH will probably be fishing!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well...I'm hoping I can still make it. Yesterday..on the way home from a baby shower in the 'Creek'....about 5 miles from home..thank goodness it wasnt any further..my power steering gave up! Ever try to turn a corner without power steering???????? Not only that...but the gen light came on...and I knew that wasnt good! Tried to call Dave..of course..he was outside...and doesnt have a phone..duh.
So I opted to keep driving...lol. I did turn off the air. Ok..made it home...could hardly turn into the driveway. Dave was standing there...saw that...asked what was wrong. Told him...he said dont shut it off...he raised the hood...serpentine belt was off. Just had a new one less than a yr ago. About that time...all the antifreeze started pouring out from under the car. Then it started steaming..big time. Looked like it was on fire!
Long story short...when it cooled off..he looked at it...said he thinks the water pump went out...how swell. My poor lil jeep...is getting old like me...boohooo..
I sure hope we can get it fixed in time to come...cause he won't drive his truck that far. He says the ball joints are going bad in it....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh no Marcy! I'm glad you got out of that alright! I had to drive my car last month, on a winding country road after the engine cut off. Not fun! You are much smaller than me so I imagine you had quite a fight. I sure hope you can get the Jeep fixed and get some more mileage out of it. Times are tough and I know most people are driving their cars until they can't anymore!

And selfishly, I want to see you!! I'm very glad you are okay. I'm sorry to hear about the injury to your wallet. :(

Always something, isn't it? I was planting some things on Saturday and went in to wash my hands - no water. I asked Tom if he had turned it off to change a filter or something because he was working on little jobs all over the house and he said no and came to check on it. Our well guy passed away a few years ago so he was scrambling to find someone. Of course, you can't get someone to come out on the weekend without paying the big bucks. Finally got a recommendation from a neighbor and that guy finally got done 15 minutes ago. Had to put in a new pump and electric line. Right when you think you might be getting a break something comes along to let you know you aren't!

Marcy, I hope you can get your Jeep fined without too much of a cost to you. I had the power steering go out on me a long time ago and it's amazing how hard it is to turn the wheel after being used to power steering.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Darn Di! Sorry to hear the gremlins are working at your place too. :( Hope your wallet is not in too much pain.

It's in a lot of pain, to be honest, Chele but at least I have water again so I can't complain. Nothing worse that not having water. The electric was out for almost six days after that Hurricane Ike fiasco and it wasn't so bad not having the TV, lights, etc. What was bad, though, is that the electric runs our well pump and we had no water. I live in a tiny subdivision in the middle of farmland Everyone around here is on well and septic and we were one of the last areas to get power restored. The township came through every day around 5:00 and brought bottled water to everyone and had the pumper truck pump water in to flush all the toilets. Luckily, most of us have pools and had water from those for flushing toilets and such. it had been a warm summer and not many people had closed their pools for the season yet.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I felt your pain on that one. We had no electric and no water either. We had a fitting blow, couldn't afford the service call, we had no income for like 65 days because the state of Ohio screwed up the dates on hubby's unemployment. They thought he was still getting severance and it ended up being a court battle to get it going. All of our food was going bad from no electric and we could only cook on the grill then had no way to keep things cool. It's rough when you have to borrow money for ice and gas. Luckily the pool was up even though we couldn't run the pump and we could at least get chlorinated even though we couldn't actually bathe. LOL When it's 101°, you find that you aren't so picky. Even the pool water was warm but it was cooler than baking in the sun or sitting in the house with no fans blowing. EVERYTHING here is electric.

Same here - all electric. I'll never forget that day because we had a huge party for my son. We had to take him to Columbus that night because he was leaving for Navy boot camp the next day. We had food piled in both fridges and my neighbor's freezer. The party occurred during the windstorm - half the people couldn't make it due to downed trees, etc. We left at 5 that afternoon to go to Columbus thinking the electric would be back on when we came back the next day and since no one was opening the fridges they should be okay. I hate to think about how much dollar-wise we lost just in the food alone. My brother lives right down the street from his local fire station so his electric was on the next day and we took our showers there. We grilled a lot, which we do anyway when it's warm, but trying to get a cold drink was a pain in the butt. I felt like we were back to our early camping days but at least we had a bed instead of sleeping bags on the ground :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think the day that the 'hurricane' hit Ohio is one that many of will not forget for a good long time.

Our weather seems to get crazier every year. I was talking to a fellow nursery owner this morning and he said the only other time he remembers it being this wet for this long, was1996. I wasn't selling then so it didn't leave a huge impression on me. I guess I should go back and look at photos to see what I had going then.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Probably, having a baby. LOL Lou

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL!! I had one in August of 95 and August of 97. Chances are, I was only nursing then. LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well folks...electric runs our lives too here. Well n septic too. Do have a propane furnace..but guess what? Unless you have electric to start it..it doesnt work either!!
Had the same problem as you Di...one year at Thanksgiving. Had been cooking all morning...a sink full of dirty dishes n pans...and the well pump went out! Dinner wasn't finished...but we loaded it all up...and went to our son's house...5 miles away! What an experience that was...but he did have water!
Car is in repair shop...the towing service came n got it yesterday morning late. 55 bucks to tow to Greenville....and who knows how much to repair?????? Haven;t heard anything yet....grrrrrrrrr. But he is good...and it should..hopefully...be done today.
Seems everything these days is money money money!
Guess it's at least good if you can keep your head above water...you sure can't save anything!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Ugh, another horror story! We've always talked about getting a generator or also some type of wood burning heat but alas, no funds. I think it's worse to be hot and dark than it is cold and dark but neither is very fun. Grilling in an ice storm or at 0° ain't so fun!

Hope you get your car back quickly without wounding your wallet too bad. :(

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Attendance list?

Ric, Robyn
Pauletta, Denny, Michele, Little D, Janet (maybe)
taynors
defoecat, granddaughter, twin (maybe)
dispatcher, Dave
janaestone
Marcy, Dave
Esther, Bob
badseed, 7 kids, 2 friends
Mystic
Lana, Brian
Joyce
Celene, DH

Is this accurate?

This message was edited May 25, 2011 9:23 PM

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Heather may come with me but I really doubt it but a maybe.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.