New Bed

Glenwood Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

I just planted some rhubarb in the new bed that was formerly nasty clay & rock. The earth worms are flourishing!

Sonny

Thumbnail by Pewjumper
Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

Sonny, that looks great! Im sure the rhubarb is going to love it. Maybe plant some strawberries too :)

Lillyz,

Thanks!

Strawberries! Oh yes!

Unfortunately the wicked witch of winter got two of my rhubarbs, but not to worry. I am going to wait until I make some improvements to the soil on the lower level of my yard this summer. Then I will plant fruit trees, rhubarb, berries & strawberries in Spring of 2012.

I just planted nine agastaches, (3 different varieties) in a line along the retaining wall. Eight cone flowers and Eight blanket flowers are waiting to be planted in the next couple of days, along with a mix of 200 daffodils in the Fall. I will finish the bed out with bearded iris, salvia, saffron crocus & ???.

I am done with tulips, the deer are just to much.

Sonny

Monte Vista, CO(Zone 4a)

The terraced look is wonderful, Pewjumper! Great job. It's going to be gorgeous with all the plants growing.

Got two apple trees planted, and what a job- I think my yard must've been a creek bed at one time long ago, as I needed a pick axe instead of a shovel to make the hole for the Granny Smith. But...I had wished for some river rock, and boy did I find it in THAT hole. Be careful what you wish for. ;-) The Lord might just give it to ya'. LOL

My greenhouse has begun: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1279134/

Fort Garland, CO(Zone 4b)

The bed looks great! Can't wait to see it when the plantings come up.

Well, I had grand plans for 2012.

What I got was a heart attack on January 1, 2012. But the Lord took good care of me and I escaped with two stents and no heart damage.

However, that pretty much wiped out the money I had saved up for further landscapping. But, I am saving up money over the Winter and will try again in the Spring of 2013.

This October I WILL get my compost layer down to help protect my plants over the Winter. We hardly got any snow and I lost a lot of plants. Praise God I still have a ton of acidified cotton boll compost along with a lot of peat moss stacked up so I can renovate the two front beds and get everything ready for Winter.

That and and about three hundred in gift cards from High Country Gardens should make for a great Spring!

Sonny

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.