Give me a name?

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Here is a picture of one that bloomed in an area of my yard that I know I did not plant it there..Not sure where it came from..

Thumbnail by Moodene

Another pic of it.

Thumbnail by Moodene
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Its a cybister cultivar. The closest that I could come would be Sumatra or perhaps Ruby Meyer. They are close but not quite a perfect match. Cybisters are still quite rare in the American garden, so you lucked out on that "surprise". .

Oh cool!..wondered if it walked from my hothouse to my yard and planted itself in the soil..I have few Ammies in my hothouse...

Ok, I found out from my son who is in the US Army that he planted a bulb there last year before the winter set in..he told me that the label that was with that one bulb is on his desk in his room here at the house..
The ammie is ' Ruby Meyer' he bought it somewhere while he was out shopping and loved the pic of the ammie on the planttag..well I told him..something bloomed out in flowerbed and sent him a pic..he said the rest..LOL...so now he has decided to plant some of the ammies in that flowerbed that I have with names to them..He is going to use metal stakes w names on them..

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Mystery solved!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.