Asst thread videos & fuseable thread

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Ok...its a bit of an advertisement for the threads they sell, but it was very educational to me as there are lots of tips and such I didn't know about. superiorthreads.com there is a bar at the top, click education and there are a lot of videos on how to use different threads and needle size to go with them, how the thread should come off the spool, etc. Also there is a fusible thread I never knew anything about that I think I need to have...I've been using that narrow seams to seams fusible webbing for things and the fusible thread would work so much better. Also I didn't know you could texture fabric either...there is a product for that. There is a trunk show where a quilter uses old antique/vintage table cloths and linens, layers them on fabric and quilts that were just amazing. I will never quilt that intricately but its real pretty to see. I loved the idea where she uses those old small embroidered linen pieces (like I have in a box and have no clue what to do with them) to use as quilt labels. There is also a quilt gallery tab. I really enjoyed watching these videos. I used to be afraid to try different types of thread, but after gaining this information, I'm gonna give it a try. tish

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!