It just Never stops !!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Love this time of the year..as the Clematis reign supreme in the gardens then we all await the Summer flush...
Walk out this morning to be welcomed by Clematis "Ascotiensis" whom I forgot to hard prune..grrrr..but he is showing he shan't be out done...when this flush is over he shall get his hard prune to grow back up and flush all over again just for me...what a sweetheart..Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Ascotiensis" up close

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Mrs. N. Thompson". Walter Pennell must have really Liked the wife of his Office Manager to name such a beautiful clematis after her

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Mrs. N. Thompson" upclose

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Victor Hugo"...another one I forgot to hard prune..what a naughty momma I've been ...don't worry Victor...finish this flush and ye shall meet my pruners...won't that make you one happy little fella

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

One of my most fav clems..."Tentel"...I've got to buy more maybe two more of this one...what a delight..the frilly edges just make her so special

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Solina" & "Princess Diana" got a new obelisk this year..they seem to like it

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Solina" & "Princess Diana" up close and so personal...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Galore" and David Austin rosa "Sharifa Asma"..long shot to give you an idea of the setting..they are planted along with Cl. Rosa "Dublinbay" under the Purple Martin Houses

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Galore" and David Austin rosa "Sharifa Asma"..up close

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

and...closer

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Tie Dye" and Cl. rosa "Dublinbay"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Tie Dye" and Cl. rosa "Dublinbay" truly are a gorgeous combo..love the freakiness of "Tie Dye"..his name says it all...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

One of the most dependable and blooming fools is Clematis "Voluceau"..again..another one that I need to plant more of...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Voluceau"..now you see why I am so enthralled with him?

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Yummy..any other word for these two?

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Josephine" and "Franziska Maria"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Venosa Violacea"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

For those of you that want a clematis in the gardens that is so vigorous and such a thug..a fabulous thuggish grower..might I suggest clematis "Polish Spirit"..IMHO..I think those breeders out there should use him ALOT more if they could pass on his vigor with others WOW they could create a winner...this was planted last year

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

clematis "Polish Spirit"..up close..I planted another one here because I have one in the back gardens that is just as vigorous and older and thought this spot was made for him...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Ville de Lyon" STILL blooming away..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Dr. Ruppel"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

My Dear Friend Miguel use to share his photos of Clematis "Proteus" and I was so envious..he always got the double form...thinking maybe mine was a dud..I bought another and to my dismay he is still single..maybe some of those beautiful doubles don't like my Texas climate?..Maybe he was designed to just double for your Northerners?..Boohoo..you lucky sods...Jeanne

This message was edited Apr 21, 2011 7:20 AM

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Another one that makes my heart sing..Clematis "Fairy Dust"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I planted Clematis "Stasik" with Clematis "Fairy Dust"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Ernest Markham"...Some people "try" to say he does better as a pruning group 3..NOT for me..as COTW lists him as a Pruning group 2..I've let him be so and have had wonderful results

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Candida"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Luther Burbank" is a must have IMHO..don't you agree...I do have a thing for those pruning group 3's..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Just to show yall...we all have problems with clematis..this one is really pizzing me off...I'll add some Epsom Salts and hope he straightens up...he is planted close to my foundation and I am wondering if the cement is sucking the goodies from my soil?..Clematis "Daniel Deronda" had the same problem and I doctored him with ES for 4 years..well this year..he didn't have that problem..wanna chime in ..your advice is always welcomed ...hope you've enjoyed...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

You must be reading my mind b/c I have had measly growth from the plantings near my foundation. I have just read that lime is released from walls as they break down. if clems are planted too close to cement or stucco ,it needs additional iron.manganese and zinc b/c lime inhibits the plant from using these these nutrients. Is that what is in epsom salts?
Which clem is struggling in that picture?
Love your other lush photos. I was excited to see Polish Spirit , since I just planted him. And am waiting for Voluceau too. Does Josephine ever double for you?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Anna...That Clematis is a Florida (Which adores our Texas climate)..I think "Pistachio"..not sure would have to look at my journal..Epsom Salts is Magnesium and you are correct..that is what is depleted from my clem..you'll love "Polish Spirit"..hope you gave him tons of room to grow he gets quite tall and wide...Voluceau will delight you like no other and yes "Josephine" always doubles for me..here's a pic for you...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

that last pic was Mislabled that is not Clematis "Franziska Maria" with "Josephine"..she is in the next pot over and does always double for me as well

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Dayton, OH

Pirl, I received my Clematis's from Brushwood today, and you were right. Nice size Clematis's

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Your clems are beautiful

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks..I love seeing all of yalls too !!..hugzzzzz.....Jeanne

Dayton, OH

Pretty Clematis's

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the reply! Good to know Josephine doubles with our hotter climate. Today I went on a garden tour and saw florida seiboidi growing quite well. We will have to keep tabs one your sickly guy and see what works.

Lindenhurst, NY

What gorgeous pics, love your clems and gardens. Where's your new obelisk from? I like it a lot. How tall is it?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Maureen..thanks hon..I got the 7 ft. Jardin half Round Tuteurs from Garden Supplies
http://www.gardeners.com/7%27-Half-Round-Jardin-Tuteur/39-532,default,pd.html?SC=WNA7200A
Thanks Rosey and Banana...
Here are my New Tutuers up against the brick Columns on the screened in porch...cant wait for the new roses and 6 clematis to grow up...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Very nice structure. Thanks for the link

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.