Hipeastrum identification, please

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey everyone, i bought 5 Aphrodite and while 4 of them appear to be aphrodites.....I had one bloom yesterday that is not an Aphrodite!! Can anyone help me id this:

Thumbnail by Sanandreyas70
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

How big is the flower, tip to opposite tip. Is there a red ring or any red dots in the center of the flower. Is that a red veining over a white background or a darker red veining over a lighter red background. I can't tell from your photo. It looks as if the flower has a red edge. If it is a small flowered cultivar, one possibility could be Fairy Tale. Fairy Tale has red veining over a white background with a red edge. I have no possible IDs if the flower is large.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2011 12:49 PM

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Bsharf,

Yes, i have looked it up and it does match the characteristics of 'Fairy Tale'........It is about 2 1/2 inches across (tip to tip).....no dots in the center.....red is veining over a white background and it is red edged. Thanks so very much for your help!!
Sandra :)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Its always fun to get a positive ID on a "surprise" flower.

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Quote from bsharf :
Its always fun to get a positive ID on a "surprise" flower.

Yes, thank you so much for helping me identify.....i have 11 bulbs that i purchased yesterday that are untagged!! I cannot wait until they bloom....the seller thought maybe clown or dancing queen! I will be happy with either !
Thank you,
Sandra :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.