Looking for seeds of Datura meteloides and Datura discolor

Ilsan, South Korea(Zone 6a)

Hi everyone,

I'm a NJ native teaching English abroad in South Korea and am looking for seeds of double/triple datura in purple, yellow, and white, as well as the beautiful Datura discolor, which is the white bloom with the distinctive purple throat. This is different from Datura tatula which I'm sure all of you experts on this forum know and I'm hoping to find some seed to plant this year since Korea has a limited flower seed selection. I was last in the US two years ago and was not able to save seed from my plants. I will have to overwinter them this year since it is zone 6 over here and I know I will be getting a late start. Anyhow, if anyone can help me out, I would be grateful. I can swap for seeds on my trade page, pouches of authentic Korean red ginseng tea, or traditional Korean silk embroidered drawstring pouches that were used by the upper class hundreds of years ago.

South Korea does not have a ban on seeds entering the country. All bubble envelopes from the US have arrived safely without being confiscated. If you need to write anything on the customs form "garden collectibles" works like a charm. Even in the rare instance that an envelope has been opened, it has been forwarded to me with every packet intact.

Every package of seed that I have sent to the US has arrived safely in the past four years that I've traded. I package discreetly, and in the instance of bulky seeds, I package in small cardboard boxes and add Korean souvenirs to them, marking the customs sliip "traditional Korean souvenirs". Flat seeds like tomatoes or peppers I can mail in an envelope that has been hand canceled.

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to hearing from my fellow gardeners!

Elizabeth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.