New Bees 04/18/11 friends - new and old...Come on in...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

While our northern friends are awaiting the arrival of Spring, those of us in the south are dreading the hot summer days to come... Tell us your plans for your garden, share some pictures, ask questions or just come and chat!

This is the place to chat and hang out and share with friends - new and old...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1163862/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1160896/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Thanks! Sorry I over posted with you, but just had to comment on that adorable little girl! She is getting so big, and has always been cute! Wonder how hard it would be for me to talk DD into having a girl, lol!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

LOL Sandi - after having all boys I sometimes wonder what if... then I wake up - lol.

Jan, post some more pics of that cute baby girl for us!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Here I am! Don't want to get lost so I'm posting here quick. Have a good night - and ditto that - nice to look at other folks' baby pictures. :D

She loves to sing and dance. This little toy plays music.
Thanks for all the sweet compliments. She is my little angel.
I got a Daylily or Iris last year named Kayla , gotta look and see if it is doing anything yet. Hmmmmm, I had forgot about that.

Thumbnail by mekos

I opened the greenhouse today and brought some stuff out. Some didn't make it but lots was good. My stictocardia vine bit the dust but the red magnolia vine is green. YIPPIE!
Big smile.
This is a white mini brug in bloom. My blue one died , pouting now!

Thumbnail by mekos

My bog garden is doing good. Even had some tiny babies in there started up.

Thumbnail by mekos

Even had Iris blooming again today.

Thumbnail by mekos

Here is a cute one.

Thumbnail by mekos

Sure would be nice to put multiple pictures in one post!
OK No more tonight, don't want to keep yall up all night. HUGS!

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Glad you found us Amanda - we sometimes lose newbies when we move too fast - lol.

Love all the pics mekos, esp the Kaylee flower;o)

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Love all the purple veining on that 2nd to last one! Is that last one pure white, or does it have a faint blue tint? Can't tell with my computer.

Snow white with a little yellow in the throat area.
I think the one with the veins is the Circus clown. OR Autumn circus??? I forget.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Hello I hope you all are doing ok and survived all the bad weather..I wanted to check in quickly before heading off to bed.. Ive been up since 3am and my body is refusing to stay up much longer.. Love the flowers everyone. My irises are in full bloom and hopefully I will make it back int he next day or two to share them with you all.. I made these pictures the morning of the storm.. Hope you enjoy them..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi huney - the flowers and that sky are stunning! Glad you're OK!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

YES, those are great pictures!

My bog iris were doing really well and growing. I thought they might even bloom in the house. Then when we got back from our weekend, they were all bent over and look horrible. I don't know if they didn't like the coffee, or the peroxide, or....................... if the dog got bored when we were gone and played with them!

Huney, How beautiful! Love those yellows!!!
The sky is awesome colored! WOW! So glad you are ok and didn't get the damage so many did. Lots are still out of power and homes. Good to see you post. Take care.
Crit, YIKES! Poor baby. Maybe it will perk up for you now that you are back.
Good night all. I'm wore out too.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Beautiful pictures everybody! I finally got some daffs and a few tulips in bloom but the weather is still wet and nasty. I'll try to get some pix up tomarrow

Thanks Jan, I'll be watching for the irises.

Al

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Beautiful pictures! But with that sky, I can't help but think "Red sky in morning" and all. But it sure makes for gorgeous pictures Huney! And so glad you are okay!

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Gonna be in the mid 80's today and sunny so that means I'm mostly stuck inside from noon on till late evening. Can't breathe when it is so hot outside.
Gorsh, has anyone talked to Arejay lately? I haven't heard from her. Hope she not stranded at the cabin with them mooses. We won't never see her again.
AREJAY AREJAY !!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU AREJAY !!!!!!
Need us to call Charley to come get you girl??????? YoooooHoooooooooooooo???!!!!???

Yes nettie, did get to go shopping. Not as much as I would of liked! ^_^ We go every year to a convention on this weekend.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful...

OK everyone, these storms are about to kick in again widespread across the US so batton down the hatch and hold on to your dresser drawers. Looks like it is gonna be bad in some areas. Here, I think we will be ok. Just lots of heavy rain for us but already giving tornado warnings all around in other states close by. Jest sayin.....

Still nuttin' here. There are some storms east of us, on the OK/AR border

Booneville, AR

crit we only got lighting and a little rain,no storm thank goodness. nettie

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Super nice box of irises in from Jan today! We're waiting for the weather to clear so I can get out and plant. Still pretty yucky and muddy around here to be in the garden.

Al

Glad they arrived safely Al. Sun is trying to peek out here for about an hour but I hear thunder at a distance coming.

We finally have some chances for showers the next couple of weeks. Not great chances ..... anywhere from 30-60%, but that's better than nuttin'!

YIPPIE!!!! It all went around us today and was really nice here. Al and everyone up north of me, I found out where Spring is.....

Stolen from a friend's FB page; had me in stitches...just had to spread it around!

INSTALLING SPRING...
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed ... please wait.
Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Season not found. Season "Spring" cannot be located. The season you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again.

So iffin you waiting fur spring to arrive, might be a long wait... Jest sayin.....
Hahahahahahah

Mistletoe and Holly wasn't too fond of the snow.... We all glad it is warmer now.

Thumbnail by mekos

New Iris blooms.

Thumbnail by mekos

Nuther one.

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love them - especially that 2nd one with the broken colors - yummy;o)

I like the speckles.

Thumbnail by mekos

More.

Thumbnail by mekos

White

Thumbnail by mekos

Concertina.

Thumbnail by mekos

Chocolate.

Thumbnail by mekos

Speckled one.

Thumbnail by mekos

Different white with blue smoke color in center.

Thumbnail by mekos

Columbine Dark Blue.

Thumbnail by mekos

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.