FREE Tree at Lowes 4-23-11 Earth Day

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Lowes sent me a notice saying I could get a free tree for Earth day, 4-23-11. Does anyone know which tree they're giving away? Do we get to choose a tree in a certain price range or did they get a bulk lot of pine trees to give away. I have enough of those. I've never known them to give away free trees before. Have you?

(Zone 7a)

I have never heard of this. I have to go look now.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Watch them turn out to be Ailanthus altissima or Bradford Pears or something else equally dreadful . . . ;-)

Resin

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

In the picture on their website the kid is holding a little pine like the ones we used to get in elementary school on Arbor day. Don't know for sure, though.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

That's what I'm thinking too, Jen. My brother next door has lots of pine trees and the pollen really bothers me. I want something wonderful like a magnolia jane or one of those lace leaf red jap maples. This beggar is choosey! LOL

(Zone 7a)

I got mine. It's a Colorado Blue Spruce seedling. I'm keeping it in a pot for a few years.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, Kwanjin.

(Zone 7a)

No problem. I was glad to get it. Not enough evergreens here.

Belton, TX

The one they gave out in TX was a juniper...one of the plants we need the LEAST!...and they got them from the US Forest Service....

(Zone 7a)

That's too bad. You would think they would give something people could actually USE.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.