It's spring in So. Cal.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

I don't usually post on this forum, but since there was a comment about things being dead here, my Sarracenia is alive and well in it's bog pot.

Thumbnail by OCCAROL
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous display!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Very nice!

north coast nsw, Australia

wow lots of flowers, love the water lilies also. I keep killing them in my pond.

Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Carol,
Now that winter is coming, do you bring them inside for the dormant time? Do you cut them down? Mine seem to be doing well albeit they have slowed down growing. Since this is my first winter with them I want to do the right thing. But this is Socal and things can be a little different here

Its nearing summer here and my Sarracenias are just waking up...

Thumbnail by breeindy
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Ted, they stay out all winter. They can take snow. I cut the faded pitchers off when I can't stand to look at them anymore. They should be divided when they grow to the edge of the pot, I'm told. Mine is overdue. The grower is out in the desert where they get very hot, and very cold.

Bree, those are beauties!

Thanks! Yes they can withstand the hot and cold temp. They do go dormant when cold. Yes they run along and need repotting or dividing when they get to the end of the pot, mine all are and i really need to repot mine also.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.