Spring/Summer RU for Mid-South

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Well gals it is time to decide for sure if we are having an RU this spring/summer. I have offered to host but May was not a good month so let's see what June brings. I can't do the weekend of either the 11th or the18th so it would need to be the 4th or 25th of June. Obviously the earlier June is cooler and I don't have a big ole barn for us to sit in although my yard is pretty shady. Just so you know my home is located 8 miles past the Rave Theater on Col Glenn Road. It is a little bit of a drive but pretty easy to find. Dmail me and I'll send you exact directions.

2nd question is IF we have one do you want an all out assault where plants are king or do you want to do a mini-swap with on 10-15 plants each so this is more social than swap?

Now's the time to decide so let me hear it from you guys... yes.... no.... maybe?

So far we have a yes for June 4th from
Crissy
Charlotte
Sarah (Charlotte's friend)
Kim - if there is food:)
Holly (Kim's friend)
Janie
Marilyn
Kathy Ann
Trish

and a maybe from
Genna
Loretta

This message was edited Jun 1, 2011 9:51 PM

Thumbnail by kjuddy
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I would vote for a mini swap - 10 to 15 plants. June 11 and 18 are out for me. I going to my grandson's graduation and then he's coming back with me.

Charlotte I just edited my post because I found out I can't do the weekend of the 11th either:)

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I vote June 4! I guess we could say "only bring the plants that people want." No extras. But hey, I am flexible...as long as there is food ;o))

uh_oh Kim I forgot to say this will be a 'no food' event :0(

Really? No food?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Well we know who want be attending!!!! LOL

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I can come on the 4th! Can't make it on the 25th, I'll be in Joplin, MO for my dad's 65th birthday.

Just kidding Kim I knew that would freak you out. OF COURSE there will be food what the heck kind of get-together doesn't have FOOD!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I was literally laughing out loud at Karen telling everyone there would be no food. I really believe this bunch loves to eat more than it likes flowers .....and that is saying a LOT! :) I sure hope that I will be able to attend. I think Jessica has to be in LR for a camp starting either that day or on the 5th.... I really think she moves in on the 5th because that is my anniversary....and I am pretty sure it is the same day so MAYBE it will be where I can come on the 4th!

Would love to see everyone again! It has been way too long since last May!

Genna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm having a grandbaby the second week of june, i'm on call before then and after then, so I'll just have to play it by ear. I don't see any problems with any date though, her baby is due june l2th but that is an estimation. we'll just have to wait and see.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Karen - what iris is that in the picture? love that yellow......

KA - how exciting.... a baby on the way! Has she been doing ok health wise?

YAY KA!!! How excited you must be! I can't wait to give and receive hugs, I miss y'all!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Sorry Genna, I thought I posted to your reply. she is doing very well. no problems so far.

Hey Genna, I have no idea what the name of that iris is. I bought it last year at the saline county MG sale they had TUBS of them that were just marked iris and were $1.00 a bunch I took a chance that they had come out of some iris lovers garden and that one is the only one that has bloomed so far. If it is the only one that ever blooms it was worth the $3 I spent for sure. Today my Prissy Miss iris bloomed - I love that iris smells good and is absolutely gorgeous!!

Congrats on the grandbaby KA!! June 12th is my daughters wedding anniversary:)

Thumbnail by kjuddy
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful.....

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh I am excited to see a RU nearby, I am marking this on the calender. I cant wait to get together with you all again.. That will probably be the week DH wants to go on vacation lol, would it happen any other way? Thank you Karen for being willing to host..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I actually believe that I can make it down there on June 4th. My DGS' 11th birthday is on June 2nd and his mom will probably have a party for him that week-end so I can just plan to make both events! Count me in! I won't have any plants to bring since I just moved, but I am more interested in seeing you all than in trading plants anyway. :o) I'm having withdrawals!!

I think it is time to start a food thread and a swap thread - Ladies 'let the games begin'

Thumbnail by kjuddy
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm pretty sure i can make it, Even if she has the baby, it's not like I can't take one day and come to this event. unless she's having that kid on the 4th of june lol

The plants I was going to bring have gotten planted (ha! found room!) but I have some other stuff that has to be separated so I'm going to bring some miscellaneous stuff, if I get the guts to actually separate it all. LOL

YAY KA! Hope she has that baby before then before she pops!

Do we have a food thread? I don't see one....

I will bring cream cheese strudel or bbq weenies...my friend Sandy is going to join me, I bet she will bring cheese dip or salsa.

I am not certain which plants I will bring. Is anyone looking for a particular plant/flower? I have lots of hostas (no surprise) EEs, ferns etc.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have several things that need to be divided. Not sure what right now. Balloon flower I believe is one of them. I'll see what others are bringing before I decide what food to bring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.