PANSIES

Mount Laurel, NJ

I was looking for some comments about raising pansies, and couldn't find anything so I'll start a new topic. Let me know if there is already one somewhere. There are so many that I got tired of looking.

I just spent about $100 on pansies to plant around the tree in front! They look really pretty and I love them, but I'm thinking maybe I should raise them from seed myself next year. Has anyone done this over the winter inside? I have a lot of coleus, but maybe I should invest in some pansies next time.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

depending on which seed you get .. most you can grow inside really easy.. some need a chill and better off to winter sow outside.. either way they were one of the easiest ones to grow for me.. is the spot around the tree flat?.. they will self seed if allowed to.. but mine are always spotty since the spot I always plant them is a hill

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

I started some pansy seeds indoors this year, but they are growing slowly, so I should have started in late January so they could have been transplanted outside by now.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

some are slow growers.. and better started 10 - 12 weeks before planting out.. usually says on the package when to start them... or start some in June for fall (which I never remember to do)... but my part shade keeps them nice until July and when they get leggy I just hack them back and they bloom again in fall

Thomaston, CT

I started some last year from seed....they grew slowly, I planted them out in that hot summer, & they are gone!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Have done viola's from seeds and they came back the next year:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.