Jeanne's Garden Spring 2011

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hello to all my dearest gardening buds and new ones who've joined Dave's !!..
The gardens have been in full Spring Swing for weeks but I am late to the party with pics..so here are some..Hope you enjoy...
Side Gardens..full of color..roses & clematis for sure

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Climbing Rosa "Tess of the d'Urbenvilles" might be one thorny bugger but she is breathtakingly eyepoppingly gorgeous this year..she is breaming with Clematis to bloom..."Pink Champagne","John Huxtable" & "Ramona" and I added "Ragamuffin"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

She can't seem to keep her mitts off of Clematis "Ramona" either

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Roses under the Apple Tree

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis Florida "Alba Plena"
and yes..that is "Venosa" starting to bloom with "AP"

This message was edited Apr 17, 2011 3:47 PM

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Gotta love her

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Another Florida ..Clematis Florida "Seiboldii"..she is striking isn't she
My oh My how Clems love to wrap themselves around my roses

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I adore this peachy little number..Rosa "Tamora"..what a delight and such a yummy fragrance..those naughty Clems..they are always trying to get into the photo's everytime I click one..that is naughty "Ramona" trying to upstage "Tamora"..see her smiling in the background?

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

One of my Most fav Clems..Clematis "Ville de Lyon"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

My other "Ramona"..she has two new clematis planted with her this year along with cl. rosa "Autumn Sunset'..I planted "Dancing Queen" and "Prinsess Alexandria"..can't wait till they all grow up together

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Blue Light"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Viola"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Sunset"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Cl. Rosa "Red Eden" and Clematis "Huldine"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Mme. Julia Correvon"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Proteus" got a major haircut last year from me and is coming back with a vengence...In all these many years I've had him..not ever have I seen him double..either I have a strange one or attribute it to my Southern Climate..I use to always be so envious of Miguel's doubles

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Look at my new tuteurs...new roses "Colorific" and "Lion's Fairy Tale" were just planted yesterday and I planted Clematis 3 new clematis with each one...yipppeee..it never ends does it?..Hope you enjoyed..I have tons more but don't want to give you overload..LOL..hugzzz..Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Athens, PA

Jeanne -

very nice, as always! How old is your Huldine? I have one on order, but have a plant that is 3 years old that has never flowered. I am going to be moving her soon with hopes that the move will bring on some flowers.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

We're in a for a treat!!! Jeanne is back with her fabulous clematis collection. It will take me a while to really savor all the beauty to be able to make sensible comments. lol. Thanks Jeanne for sharing those wonderful photos.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am drooling, I can only hope mine look as well this year.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Jeanne, what great looking clems! My Ville de Lyon and Ramona are pretty but not as lush looking as yours.

Betsy

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

I`m ready for "overload" Jeanne! Bring it ON !!! Your roses and clematis are so beautiful. I can`t imagine how my little garden could ever look like yours...Thank you so much for sharing and send more...Love it. Lesley

Northeast, IL(Zone 5b)

You do have a way with clems, Jeanne! Wish I could get you up here to nurse mine along. My clems are just beginning to get leaf buds. Of course it might help if the temps got out of the low 40s up this way. Grrrrrr

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Ahhh..thanks everyone...glad to see you all and yes Goldenberry if I could come up and help I would hang on yall surely Spring will come your way...Jeanne
ps...Am posting more from today..hugzzzz

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

I know there is a clematis named for Princess Diana and Prince Charles. Okay clematis growers, let's get one named for the new Princess or whatever her title is now. What a fairytale wedding that was yesterday. Does she remind you of Princess Grace of Monoco but with different color of hair? Such grace and natural beauty!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Carolyn..My "Huldine" is 3 years old...thanks..Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.