Midlands Plant Festival purchases

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

well I knew if I worked this show for my old boss I would end up spending more than I made LOL

Had to buy Athyrium filix-femina - a crested fern...

Pinellia Tripartita - Dragon Tails

Tiarella - Sugar n Spice

several foxglove, a bridal wreath HB, and a few other predictables that said "WAIT stop - I know you can grow me from seed but your busy so grab me up at $1.25" LOL

two more days at the show and I'll probably be broke :)

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Sounds like quite a haul!
Entlie

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

It was fun Entilie!! of course I bought more today ughhh...need to leave my check book at home tomorrow lol

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

I used to take my husband with me as a restraining measure. He's more into gardening now and we buy more than we should together!
Entlie

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

LOL...it was funny yesterday this really nice couple - wife looking at herbs, hubby oggling a hanging basket of Fuschia...keeps asking his wife...honey don't you want this...she obviously is more interested in herbs...after like the 12th time he asks I go over to her and say you should make his day and buy that for 'him' he obviously is in love with it....

Amazingly enough we sold out several days in a row on Parrots Beak...seems to be the plant everyone loved this year - we had one HB full of blooms and then 3" pots to sell...we had one couple offer Master tickets for the hanging basket...could not believe the owner said no...I was like you know how much those tickets are!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Somebody around here just sold 2 tickets to the 2012 Master's finals for $6,000.

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

OMG!

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

The Owner said no to Master's Tickets? WTH

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Wow. i would totally be broke after going!
My big plant splurge this Spring is going to be the Master Gardeners Plant sale in late March. One good thing about this sale is that they post a list of what they'll have for sale beforehand, so you can plan you attack.
Barb

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

I am hoping to go and see what they have and take pics. I am growing ALOT this year so if I have some things ready I may bring them for sale :O)

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

hey Vic what day are you going this weekend? I do have a signed photo waiting for you from Lee Castoro :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.