Flower Factory opens this weekend

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Anyone planning to make a trip to The Flower Factory in Stoughton, WI this weekend? Saturday looks to be a bust weather-wise, but Sunday (so far) is looking okay. Hubby and I are planning a trip down Sunday. He has promised me hellebores and hostas!

Belvidere, IL(Zone 5a)

I'd love to go but on Saturday I have and Easter egg hunt to go to for my grandsons. Sunday is always spent with my 91 year old Mom.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

HI, got to see if my sister in PA will be ready for her plants. If she is, will go Sunday or sometime next week. Sat, is WI Daylily Society Mtg.

It is spring and not a moment to soon.

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

It is posts like this that make my subscription to Dave's Garden so worth it. I love the advice, recommendations, on occasion sympathy and camaraderie but most of all it is the notices of favorite shows, garden expos, sales and favorite green houses opening. Thanks for the heads up.

My weekend plans were puppy socialization, dealing with contractors fixing our hail damage, 25th anniversary of Beer Garten... and maybe check out the lilacs at Bruce Company. Now YIPPEE need to get my list of Flower Factory "needs" done.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I certainly hope sunday is better... tonight we've had snow, sleet, rain and freezing rain... what happened to spring??

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Sunday is supposed to be ("supposed to be" being the operative phrase!) in the low 50s and partly sunny. I think I can handle that.

Alas, it looks like I might not be going after all. My stepson is hoping to stop here before he ships out for Hawaii. (He's in the Navy.) But that takes precedence. :)

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I finally made it to the Flower Factory for the first time last August. I know I will need to make a run there this year for sure!

You realize that spring in Wisconsin is an oxymoron...... ~Jan

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Open house for me to attend Sunday:) I will be checking next week to see if sis is ready for her plants ..really nice list.:) Cannot wait to go.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

So when it is supposed to get nice here again? I am hoping to go sometime this week.

But then again, maybe not! ~j

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

If the weather forecasters are right, with the exception of Sunday, which is supposed to be in the 50s, next week is looking pretty bleak. :(

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Ick, I should have stayed in Hawaii with my daughter another couple of weeks! ~j

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

anyone go today??

i thought about it... but i'm about an hour and 10 away, and with the ICK weather on the way again, i didnt want to deal with new plants. i still have a few to plant that I dug up from home. they are still sitting in the driveway in bags/containers.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Didn't go today, but perhaps later during this coming week.

Maybe. Spent the day picking up lots & lots of branches in my yard instead. I too am 1+ hours away, so probably won't go on a weekend, but after work someday (I work in Madison & commute anyways) ~j

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I didn't go. The weather is so awful I hate to bring any more plants home. I'm having a hard time finding places to keep all my plants given that I started a bunch indoors and also just bought a few from my other favorite nursery (Ebert's.) I guess I'll be waiting until it looks like I can start putting things outside and have some degree of confidence in their survivability. :(

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

So true Kayly - considering there is fresh snow on the ground this morning! ~j

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Ug -- you guys got more snow? Where is Hustisford? i'm not familiar with that [considering I'm from IL half the yr] According to the weather liars, we are supposed to get an inch of slush - i thought it was supposed to come last night, but now i think tomorrow. wonderful

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

never even saw this thread. *sigh* I am so far behind. Well as you can probably guess, I didn't go to Flower Factory.

We have snow on the ground too, only about a ˝ inch but that is still a ˝ inch too much, for me.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Hustisford is halfway between Madison & Milwaukee - little tiny town - I think they include the dogs in our census.

And the weather report has that dreaded 4 letter word in it for almost EVERY DAY this week! Guess I am not headed to the Flower Factory this week! ~Jan

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I've seen it I think. Where is Hustisford in relation to Waukesha. I know I have seen the sign somewhere.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

i've never driven that strip of highway before... at least i dont think so... and i'm a sign reader.

we are 90/39 all the way.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Husty is on Highway 60 - north of Oconomowoc/ Watertown, just east of 26. So no, 90/39 is too far west.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Now I know where I have seen it. Pretty much near Ixonia. and Ashippun, I think............

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

No No isn't highway 60 further north than that. I've seen the signs. While out West Bend way? We would take 60 to go to my ex's sil's Mother. Oh I don't know I just know I have seen signs for it somewhere along the line.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Slightly NW of Ashippun - I have to drive through Ashippun to get to Oconomowoc. North of Ixonia/ Eberts. West and a little south of West Bend. 60 runs parallel to HWY 33 out of West Bend. 33 goes east - west, then 60, then Hwy 19, then the interstate - all going east to west (and vice versa)

Lake Sinissippi is the lake a couple blocks from my house.~j

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Okey dokey think I know where you are now. My Mom, my son, siste/family and brother/family lives in Ixonia. Sis and bil work in Oconomowoc and brother operated a bar in Ashippun till he was diagnosed with cancer a few months back. I know in our travels here, there and everywhere with them I had seen Hustiford sign somewhere.

Alzheimer student here, or is it Adult Attention Deficit. Either way, I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached.

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

Garden Prairie Farm
$30 12" Hanging Basket for $15
http://madison.upickem.net/engine/Splash.aspx?contestid=20287

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Sold out! What a bummer. That would've been a great deal, duck_toller.

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

I can't make it but in case you are interested -- May 22 from 10 am – 12 noon at the Northside Farmers’ Market on Sherman Ave. across from Warner Park on Madison's northside. Bring your healthy perennial divisions, seedlings, houseplants, seeds, etc. to trade. Please label them with your name and the name of the plant. Free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.danecountytimebank.org or call 608-609-9320.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

That's very cool, thanks for the info ~j

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

Tonight's the first night The Wisconsin Gardener, “Bees, Trees & Pears Please,” at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 28 on Wisconsin Public Television. http://wpt.org/gardener/index.cfm?utm_source=gardenerenewsletter&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=WisconsinGardener It is a four part series and usually pretty good.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.