Anyone doing "Extreme Couponing"? I'm saving serious money!

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

My daughter recently took a one-day class and then showed what she learned, one way to save some [serious] money. Now, don’t roll your eyes until you hear me out…. We’re saving big bucks via using coupons when shopping for our groceries, but it’s not the old-fashion way of couponing. For instance, Monday I went to Kroger’s, here in Mid-Michigan, and purchased $507.16 worth of groceries, toiletries, cleaning supplies, meat, fruit, treats, etc., and after my coupons and my in-store rewards card were scanned, I only paid $229.13. ….I saved $278.03 or 55%

Here in Michigan, we have some stores (Kroger’s being one) that will double your coupons up to $1.00; that's where we shop for sale items only. Here is the website we joined for here in Mid-Michigan http://www.savingsmania.net and therein we find out what sales the “double your coupon stores” are having and where we can get coupons for those items. I then buy 3 copies of the same Sunday newspapers that has all the coupons in it, cut them all out, and organize them in a large 3-ring 'zip up' binder I use for couponing. …..If you’ve ever watched an episode of “Extreme Couponing” http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/extreme-couponing you’ve seen it in action. In just 4 shopping trips since February, I have saved a total of $717.42, and I only buy items that are on sale, that I have a coupon for, –and- I only buy items I will use or eat. My shelves downstairs are busting at the seams with items I NEED and I would have paid full price for in the past. …..Everything else I need I buy at Wal-Mart, Aldi, and places where the prices are lower than Kroger.

It might be worth looking to see if there is a group in your area that is similar to the one I joined, and find out where the closest store is that will double coupons. I’m still new at extreme couponing so the highest I’ve saved is 65%, but my daughter who is a whizz at this often saves in the 70-90’s%. We had to laugh and shake our heads; a couple weeks ago, she sent her husband into Kroger’s with a list of items to buy, a stack of coupons, and a $5.00 bill. Jason came out with a grocery cart FULL of things they needed, and brought her back the change from the $5.00 bill. No kidding! Anyways……money saved via extreme couponing, that you would have spent otherwise, can significantly help fill up your GAS TANKS!
Hope this helps someone! Every penny counts!!
~ Glenda

This thread has 57 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!