My Compaq laptop . . .

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Just about 2 years ago, I bought a laptop from Walmart, when they had a super deal on Compaq laptops. Everything worked great . . . larger hard drive than I needed, a nice 17" screen, graphics were great. Life with my laptop was good.

Well, a few weeks ago, I was using the laptop, and the low battery indicator came on. So, I plugged in the cord to the laptop, and as soon as that was in, the screen went blank! I know the laptop itself still works, 'cause I can hear everything working in the background (well, everything that uses music or videos, etc) . . .

I've been afraid to take it to the "geeks", 'cause I'm afraid that replacing a video card/port in a laptop would cost as much as a new laptop would (I'm hoping that's an exaggeration!

Any thoughts?

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!