Grafted tree question

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I purchase trees from ebay and wanted to know anyone's opinion who is familiar with grafting. Do these look ok? The first is a weping Japanese Maple palmatifidum lace leaf

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

A close up of the graft on this tree

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This is an Alaskan Cedar Strick Weeper

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

the tree

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This is the Giant Weeping Sequoia pendula

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

another view of the same Sequoia

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

close up

This message was edited Apr 11, 2011 8:08 AM

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I paid between $14.99 and $20 for each tree. I want your experts opinion on the quality of grafting and any thing I need to know about the care of these babies.

Kathy

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Buying grafted plants online, you have some courage there! It looks like good deals to me. When those grafted plants get bigger they would command a very much higher price. An important thing I'd think is you may have a reputable grower/grafter source. Just don't buy a car or a house online! I'd say good job! Tho, I'm not really an expert. I hope you didn't get burned. Hey, I bought a used car Saturday, (I test drove it twice though), I may be in the same boat!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I purchased a beautiful tree 2 years ago as a memorial for my dad. The weeping limbs of the tree reminded me of him shrugging his shoulders when mom fussed. It was funny and made us laugh. So I paid $165 for a 4 ft tree, forgot the name, it's spiraling around a stick and the limbs hand - droop. It's so nice and the nursery owner said the trees came from OR.

I searched ebay and found this guy who is from OR and had around 8000 positives and no negatives. I wanted to give it a try. $14.99 - $20 wasn't bad and shipping was very fair, I think $7.99 for the first and $2.50 for each additional. They look healthy enough but wanted some grafting info before I leave feedback.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.