Tossed aside my hostas last year

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Last year my roommate's mother planted some hostas around our lamp post in full sun. They were so lush and pretty when they were first put in but I hated to say anything to her about needing some shade since I really thought her mom should have known that. Well of course they burned and died back really bad. I finally asked her if I could save them by replanting them in a shady area and she agreed so I dug them up without a real plan... well actually my plan just did not work out the way I intended so I put them under some shrubs until I could decide just what to do with them. I had dug up a lot of dirt with them so they would be ok a while anyway.

Well one thing led to another and I never did get a plan. I felt bad but due to certain circumstances I did not let it worry me too much. A couple days ago I went over to where I had tossed them one clump was all dried out but the largest one was doing great and there were a couple of really good sized babies in there too! Basically what is laying in the bed with the shrubs actually DO look bigger and better than when I took them out last year.

I still don't have a plan but I do have an idea. Until then I will just stick them as is on top of some soil in a pot in a nice shady place so they can keep growing.

Just thought I would share!

Tricia

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.