Lost all my plants in move

Ranburne, AL(Zone 8b)

Someone said I should post here since I have moved from AL.to Indiana..If anyone have any plants to help get me started again.Anything will be accepted..I love all plants,Roses,Herbs,succlents anything..I love tham all .Thanks so much in advance ! Porsha

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi Porsha...welcome to the Upper Midwest. :)

My garden is pretty new, so I'm afraid I don't have much to share, but I do feel for your situation. Losing my old garden when I moved broke my heart. Yet, it's fun and exciting to start with a blank slate, too.

Maybe if you told people what sort of growing conditions you have that would help. How much sunlight do you have? What sort of soil? What types of areas are you looking to fill?

Ranburne, AL(Zone 8b)

I have shade and sun.I have sand which I amend with compost.I am trying to get Waterplants to build a pond.So just about anything will do . I am not picky

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

When we built our home, our builder went belly-up. We were left with unpaid vendors, lien notices and no money since we had paid the builder PLUS no landscaping. I became the queen of craigslist scrounging. Friends and family gave me splittings and cuttings. But I checked my local craigslist every day. There are amazing things that non-gardeners give away for free.

One young couple bought a old house from a woman who moved into a nursing home after living in this cute little brick house her whole life. They didn't take care of the gardens so her amazing gardens got infested with all sorts of weeds. They posted that they would give anyone who would dig them out all their roses.

My husband (love that man) spent almost 3 hours on a hot summer day digging out all these beautiful roses. I don't know what I have. They are all shades and colors, small teas and huge floribundas. FOR FREE. Well sweat from my husband digging them up. Me soaking the roots and hand-pulling weeds from between the roots. The young couple told my husband they preferred white gravel. Aaaack! Their loss. My gain.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Also -- check Free Cycle. I gave away some plants last year there. peeps are always looking for free plants.

It's possible in May or so i may be able to dig some for you. I have a lot of wild flower types, xeriscaping plants where i could spare some for postage. I'll only be home a short time... so i'll need a reminder.

or if you can wait until next spring.. .i can then dig them when they are small.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

I will have extras for postage. Please check back in couple of weeks,things are coming up sporadically.

Ranburne, AL(Zone 8b)

I have had to do the same thing.When you love plants like we do.I even carried a shovel in back of truck because in the South the are so many old home places and plangs just on side of road.We have been in woods looking.I have received a few tulips from a friend who had to thin out.I am working on something new this year to make a smalll pond just out of half barrell and someone here are shipping some lotus,cattails.water iris and crest.I am so excited.Thought I would get a couple od fancy goldfish.Sure can not pay for Koi..Well must go thanks so much..u help me remember also..God Bless ..Porsha

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I could probably send common Agastaches, Anise Hyssop and some Penstemon Huskers Red ... those 2 i know I have in abundance. i have a ton of "ditch lilies" too ... some folks like those for filling in areas where they dont mind them running rampant.

let me know.

Terese

Ranburne, AL(Zone 8b)

I would love anything you can send..Thanks so much and God Bless you

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

i shipped a few boxes this spring for just under 11 bucks Priority. i can get quite a few plants in those boxes.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Terese are those the little10x11 boxes?? I did pick up2 of that size.Hoping those are the right size...If the weather perks up EVER,I will see if I can fill a box a bit later here..Ive got that fund raiser an ru and work ... I think they said 60 today??? tomorrow?? OMG....Hoping...

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Tamara -- i'm not sure the measurements.... but on the PO site, it's the larger/square one. 10 something plus .70 for tracking.
the box wasn't the flat-ish one, but more cubed.

Yup ,Im on the right track..Thanks ...No 60 here I was wayy wrong ...LOL..still freezing 43 super windy an wet.I just want some warmth...

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

better than that snow we just got up here [in wisc] grumble grumble.

Ranburne, AL(Zone 8b)

Do you take paypal..Also if you can we will wait until May Thanks so much again Porsha

oh sorry..yes I saw all the nasty...well everyone has had a taste of the nasty lately..ARGG.I guess we had awful storms last nite ,I slept..LOL

Ranburne, AL(Zone 8b)

I oew you postage.Please let me know if you take Paypal or dmail email for payment if not dmail address for monies.I will send all postage I owe everyone May T.We have had a cold front again.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

porcha... i take paypal.

I'll be home next tuesday - weather permitting i can dig and pop a box off to you.

I'll keep ya posted.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I;m home... back yard is like a swamp with all the rain the past week... more rain on the way [it's supposed to rain every day until i leave -- sunny that day, go figure] ... i'm going to venture out to see what could be dug up. I have TONS of Rudbeckias.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

every time i went to venture out in the swamp yesterday -- it started raining - sideways... i never did get anything dug... but i also wont do it until I get an address .... just in case i get all these plants dug with no where to send... and i have to leave for Wisc -- which will be 6am Friday morning...

and yes... it's still raining ...

Ranburne, AL(Zone 8b)

Please send paypal address before you ship so I can send monies for postage.Wait until May and God willing we will have better weather.Please do not send to Wedowee Al address .Will dmail my new one In IN.TY Porsha

Ranburne, AL(Zone 8b)

Do not be in a hurry, ,We are having same thing but I AM ON A HILL SI THAT HELPS

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Porsha -- with all the rain, i never did get to dig. I will hopefully be back home in about 2 weeks, and "hopefully" the plants hadn't grown too much more.

Do send your shipping address when you get a min or two.

Hope we all dry out sooner than later.

Ranburne, AL(Zone 8b)

I want to thank everyone here that has blessed me so much.Porsha

Verona, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi Porsha,

I'm recently back on and noticed this chain, wanted to make sure you knew about the roundup for upper midwest. it's 7/11. lots of plants there to share in the plant exchange. might want to join us!

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

It's 6/11...typo. :)

Here's the thread if you're interested in coming, Porsha!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1176078/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.