(BuriedTreasures) Chris Moore

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Chris Moore, known to all of DG as BuriedTreasures passed away on April 5th, 2011. A long-time member of DG, Chris joined us on February 5th, 2003 and was active in the Florida Gardening Forum and the specific forums pertaining to tropical plants. He was always willing to teach others how to identify, care for, and propagate their tropical plants.

He had a keen eye for garden design and enjoyed helping others plant or remodel their outdoor spaces. Many DG members can thank him for the lovely gardens they now have and he leaves a legacy of stunning outdoor spaces around the world.

Here is a link to his obituary where those who wish to do so, can post a message or thought for his family.
http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Christopher-Moore&lc=1543&pid=150064132&mid=4623535

Thumbnail by melody
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

My condolence and prayers going out for Chris' family.
Lord now has a great gardener beautifying His gardens.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I was saddened to hear this news yesterday and send my deepest condolences to his family. Chris was a longtime loyal supporter of DG and always willing to share his knowledge with others. We'll miss him.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

My deepest sympathy to the family - GOD needed another warrior - may HE be with the family during this difficult time.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I am surprised to see what a young man Chris was. I got the most beautiful selection of Caladiums from Chris. We loose a great garden source with his passing.
Prayers and affirmations for his family.
Sidney

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh, this is terrible news! My sympathies go out to his family. He was just a young man - only 41. He got married about five years ago to an apparently delightful lady.

I posted a comment on his Garden Watchdog ratings referring people here. Now they know why he wasn't able to adequately help them the last couple of years.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2011 7:11 PM

Can anyone post what happened to cause him to pass at such a young age?

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

I am so sad to hear this, Chris and I had many, many talks years ago. He dropped out for a bit but came back and I was sure glad to see him back...now I've dropped out for a while and find this out...I will keep his family in my prayers.

Kathy

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh i missed this so sorry i had talked to him few toimes (e mails) so very sorry for his family , friends.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I bought several things from him over the years and he was always a great help with planting and caring for them. He will be missed here at DG.

My condolences to his family.

Lani

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

We have an eye doctors office in Okeechobee that has the lushest display of Caladiums I have ever seen. I think of Chris every time I see them.
Sidney

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Another yet dear and cherished friend gone to the Garden.......we will miss you Chris.

"eyes"

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

I'm sorry to hear this sad news. I purchased some adeniums from Chris that are flowering now and doing beautifully well. He sent out an email in March, 2010, which talked about business mainly, but he also said this:

"Such an odd winter, I could ramble on further, but will cut it out for now. For Dave Whitinger, THE DAVE, from www.davesgarden.com, I offer the best of wishes in your latest endeavour, Cubits. You've been an honest supporter of BT during both up and down times, and I will always appreciate your honesty and integrity. You saw to it that we were in the top when we earned it, and weren't when we didn't. You are truly a leader and inspiration to the entire gardening community first, and industry second. My heart felt applauds for yours, Trish's, Terry's, Melody's, and the thousands of others dedication to that community.

Chris & Gretchen"

I wanted to add the obituary to this memorial:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Christopher-Moore&lc=1543&pid=150064132&mid=4623535

Virginia Beach, VA

I just saw this !! He is too youn!!

I If he had an ebay store I think I bought from him.

My condolences to Moore Family.

Belle from Virginia Beach

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.