Viburnum lentago

Dayton, NV(Zone 5b)

Which viburnum (if necessary) should I plant to pollinate the Viburnum lentago that I just ordered? I am new to Viburnums and to Dave's garden.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Welcome aboard!

I'll offer my humble opinion here...

You should have success in cross-pollination with another Viburnum lentago individual, and also with Blackhaw Viburnum (Viburnum prunifolium) - as long as the plants have overlapping bloom time.

There is a naturally occurring hybrid between these two species where their populations comingle. It is named Viburnum x jackii.

Dayton, NV(Zone 5b)

Many thanks VV!! I'll check these out. I have an idea that these will be the first of many viburnums in my collection.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

What are growing conditions like in your part of Nevada? You might have the only viburnums on the block...

Dayton, NV(Zone 5b)

We live in high desert country. Dayton is just east of Carson City, NV. Snow and cold in winter and hot and dry in summer. Clay, alkailine, soil. Clean, clear air, mountains, Lake Tahoe 30min. away. I love the contrast in the valleys here in the desert. I've learned to deal with the challenges of gardening here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.