new thread #97

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

These red pitcher plants and white pitcher plants are amazingly gorgeous:

Thumbnail by KayJones

One of my Wisteria vines (amethyst falls) is beautiful AND fragrant!

Thumbnail by KayJones

These are orange Amaryllis now blooming in my yard:

Thumbnail by KayJones

This cute little Hoya is blooming in my Florida room:

Thumbnail by KayJones

Here's my red Bouganvilla, 'blooming' again:

Thumbnail by KayJones

Red single Amaryllis:

Thumbnail by KayJones
(Zone 1)

KayJones: Wow ... Lovely plants you have! I wish my Brunfelsia could look so good; I really need to get it in the ground and give it half a chance! Those Kalanchoes are beautiful, love all the color ... and your Nun's Cap Orchids look great. Mine is American Wisteria 'Amethyst Falls' too but I don't think it smells as nice as the Chinese Wisteria. Those Pitcher Plants are really cool ... is that a pot of Rosemary behind them?

More red Amaryllis:

Thumbnail by KayJones
(Zone 1)

Oh my ... I've never seen an Orange Amaryllis - GORGEOUS!!

That looks like Hoya lacunosa ... doesn't it smell awesome in the evening! I found one teensy bloom on my lacunosa today, one of my favorites for fragrance!

Nice Bougie too ... I didn't know there was one with red flowers!

Thanks for the compliment, Linda! Yes, that's Rosemary - I have a huge shrub of it, these two big pots and another smaller one in the front flower bed - it smells SO AWESOME whenever it gets wet! Also, it roots just about wherever it touches the ground.

These are some Clematis currently blooming - they're just about finished for this season:

Thumbnail by KayJones
(Zone 1)

I love Rosemary but have never been able to keep it alive for long. I love Lavender too, which did grow well for me. I had quite a bit of it in a flower bed for a few years but last winter did it all in I think.

This lavender Bignonia vine has become a stunner this year - it's planted on a 10' trellis, on the west side of the house, and is very happy:

This message was edited Apr 8, 2011 7:22 PM

Thumbnail by KayJones

These native costal Lupins are in bloom, everywhere:

Thumbnail by KayJones
(Zone 1)

What vine is that? It's really beautiful! With being closer to the warmth of the Gulf of Mexico I think you can grow some things up there that won't survive winter down this way!

I love this Phlox:

Thumbnail by KayJones

Linda, it is botanically named Bignonia lindleyana.

Here's an unhappy variegated Bouganvilla:

Thumbnail by KayJones
DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

I want a Nun's orchid !!!!!!!!! Ok...I may just have to make a stroll up to "EFG orchids" I know he's got them probably in liner's. I'd have to wait a while for blooms...but the price makes it worth it.

Ceropegia sandersonii- front

Thumbnail by mjsponies

ceropegia sandersonii - side

Thumbnail by mjsponies

Here's a new Philo. I bought a few weeks ago, and split with a Dear DG'er Friend:

Thumbnail by KayJones

I wouldn't mind those native Lupines.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8481412..but they probably wouldn't grow here...too warm...They are lovely..Kay you are so lucky !

These wild, native pitcher plants are blooming in a bog about 1/2 mile from my home:

Thumbnail by KayJones

I love my white Adenium:

Thumbnail by KayJones

This Hawthorn has been so pretty:

Thumbnail by KayJones

There were only a few Watsonia blooms this time:

Thumbnail by KayJones

The Gerbera Daisys are just opening up:

Thumbnail by KayJones

For fragrance, I find it hard to beat Heliotrope - it smells like cooking vanilla!

Thumbnail by KayJones

Crown of Thorns are in full bloom right now:

Thumbnail by KayJones

Mexican Sage is just starting to bloom:

Thumbnail by KayJones

As you may have noticed, I use what Mother Nature offers for mulch - leaves!

The budda's hand citrus is almost finished blooming and is setting fruit:

Thumbnail by KayJones
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Jo, are your nun's orchids hardy for you?

Here are some baby oranges on the Sumatsu Orange tree:

Thumbnail by KayJones

No, Ardesia - I put the nun's Orchids in the greenhouse. I had one, which I sent to Debra, that DID live outdoors (in a pot) over this last winter - it is yellow.

This lime citrus is blooming now and smells SO GOOD!

Thumbnail by KayJones

The red Ruella is a pretty little plant, but not hardy for me - it goes into the greenhouse over winter:

Thumbnail by KayJones
(Zone 1)

Ooh, I found that Bignonia/Clytostoma in PF: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2749/ and it says zone 8 and higher!

Unhappy Bougainvillea? It sure looks fine to me! I used to grow a bunch of Bougies but got tired of being stabbed by those huge thorns so I gave them all away. The bigger those plants get, the bigger the thorns!

Pretty Philodendron! Looks like 'Autumn': http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/92089/ or possibly 'Prince of Orange': http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/53147/ I had a few of both for a number of years ... they get really huge.

Pretty white Adenium ... I didn't even know there was one with white blooms. I can't keep those things alive for the life of me!

hmm ... I wonder if Helitrope will grow down this way? Anything with the fragrance of Vanilla is at the top of my favorite list!

This shrub Daisy, planted in the ground, doesn't go dormant here - it stops blooming, but stays green all winter:

Thumbnail by KayJones
(Zone 1)

MJ: Is EFG Orchids open to the public? ^_^

Purple Cestrum starting to bloom - this shrub is HUGE, and this is one of the blooms I could reach!

Thumbnail by KayJones

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.