AOS Award for dendrobium aggregatum (lindleyi).

Redding, CA(Zone 8b)

Hi all,
My sister in Southern California sent me this and I thought I would share. I don't do orchids since we live in too cold of a climate but WOW think most would say this one is a beauty!!!!!!!!!

www.victoriaadvocate.com/photos/2011/mar/22/52711/

Dee

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks for sharing the pic!

There is no such thing as "too cold a climate" for orchids, once you get hooked! They grow wild on every continent except Antartica. LOL

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, agreed with Carol. There is no place too cold for orchids and this Dendrobium actually needs a long, dry, cool rest to bloom well. It might be the one for you. :) Thanks for sharing.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

The "dry" might be a problem in Redding during our winters. They are still getting tons of rain in Northern Ca. Wish some more of it would make it down here. We're just getting the cold and wind. That den should do well on a covered patio, or a cool, bright room though.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I need to photograph mine and post it here. It had fourteen spikes but was one of the fried orchids in the greenhut over-heating mishap. At first I thought just some of the leaves would be burned but each day I watched the spikes shrivel up too and realized not a one was going to bloom. Such a disappointment because I grew it from a little thing and it had filled a wicker basket. It looked so nice in the basket without one mark before it cooked.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

WOW!!!! I have this orchid and was happy with my 4 spikes this year!!!!
This is AMAZING!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.