INVITATION TO HELP ENTERTAIN OUR EAST COAST MEMBER

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Let's try to beat these bad weather doldrums by planning a fun event to look forward to:

Jan23 will be visiting the PNW this summer and is really excited about having a chance to meet the people she has been participating with on our forum.

So.....Julie and I would like to invite you to join us to welcome her:

WHEN: Saturday July 9th, let's say starting at 11:00 am or so.
WHAT: Pot Luck Luncheon
WHERE: South Prairie, WA, at Sharon's home

This should be lots of fun and also a chance to trade plants and starts that you may have been offering to other members.

Please RSVP and I will D-mail directions and phone numbers when we get closer to July.

Firm Rsvp's to date:

PNWMountaingirl-Sharon
Rarejem-Julie
Jan23-Jan
Springcolor-Julia
LynnPhillips-Lynn
Azorina-Linda
mbabitt

Possible/Probable:

mauryhillfarm--Holly
Katie59--Kathy
murmur-Carol
kosk0025-Stephanie
bonehead-Deb

This message was edited Jun 1, 2011 7:31 AM

This message was edited Jul 6, 2011 1:32 PM

This message was edited Jul 6, 2011 1:38 PM

This message was edited Jul 7, 2011 10:38 AM

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I will definitely put it in the calendar, although July is a ways out for me to be planning anything. Put me down as a strong maybe and I'll update as we get closer. I would love to meet Jan23 in person, as well as some of the others I only know on a cyber-basis. Thanks Sharon & Julie for hosting.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Ooooh....This sounds so fun! I would be there for sure if I could, but it looks like I have a mom's hiking weekend scheduled with my girlfriends. But will let you know if my plans change!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woohoo!!!!! This will be a highlight of our 'road' trip. That is after meeting a new grandydaughter in Texas and visiting with oldest grandykids in Portland.
Because of the length of our trip, I will not be bringing any plant material, even though I'd love to share. I am leaving NJ on May 24.

I am so looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Jan

(Judi)Portland, OR

This sounds like fun, and I look forward to meeting those I have not yet met in person!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

I'm putting it on my calendar right now!!!!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Sharon and Julie,
What can I do to help you on this project? It will be fun to get together with everyone again.

(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

Ink me in! Sounds like fun!!

If we're in town, I'll be there! I'd love to meet Jan and see everyone else. Don't know our vacation timing yet but I'm putting this on the calender anyhow.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I'll try to make it. It sounds like fun and I'd love to meet Jan. Thanks, Sharon.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Double WOOHOO!!!!!

Portland, I am hoping to sit on your front porch also and see Koka, whilst in Portland. :)))))))))))

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

July 9 is now circled on the calendar! I sure hope it works out for me to be there. It will be great to meet Jan and any other folks I haven't met in person yet. Thanks for being the gracious hostesses Sharon and Julie.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Jan, how about a glass of Oregon pinot?

Bothell, WA

I would like to visit out there so place me on your list. For potlucks I am famous for my green salads (romaine, cucumbers, brocolli, peppers, carrots, scallions, tomatoes, whatever else).

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Portland, yes, please.

I informed DH today that we had a date in WA on July 9th with a loverly view of Mt. Rainier. He was pleased.

BTW Have I said how excited I am? You will be sooo sick of me before we even meet. :))))) I better tone it down.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Jan, I'm very excited both for you & for us! I'll be in Montana the week of the 4th for both a class & a family reunion. Not sure whether I'll be driving or taking the Empire Builder, but either way, if I am swinging back through Seattle at the right time, I'll definitely make the meet.

Otherwise, once you are in Portland, I am less than 2 hours to the west & only 10 minutes from the beach so would be thrilled to put you up if you are so inclined.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

:)))))))))) Thanks for the offer, Summerkid. I'd have to see what the kidlings think about that. There are so many people I want to meet, but I do want to spend time with family also. I think they'd like that, after all that's the reason we're going in the first place. LOL They also will have a grandparent list of things to do that only we can do. Pop-pop (my DH) is very handy and can't sit still so there are always projects for him .

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

I see a move to Portland in your future Jan.....perhaps? My in laws are planning a move to Salem next year or this year (less likely) from Allentown, PA.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

LOL, believe me our DIL, especially would love for us to move there. Who knows what the future holds for us? :))))))))) I vote that we move from son to son, so we'll be with each one 3x a year for a month each time. Don't think we'd wear out a welcome that way, do you?
Too funny, kosk, I was born in Bethlehem, PA about 10 miles from Allentown.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

My in laws are planning to have a home in Alabama (daughter lives there) 6 months of the year (winter/spring) and 6 months of the year in summer/fall in Salem (son-my husband is here). I worry for them---they have a very nice social network of friends in Allentown, and I worry they will be giving up too much to be near grandkids. I would hate it if they were not happy here. I'm trying to do the math on your sons.....does that mean you have 4 of them or 3 of them?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

LOL maybe I messed up the math. I have 4 sons.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Hmmmmmm.....boys make people garden, I guess. Why is that? They must chase us outside.It seems like everyone has boys---you, me, Kymmco, springcolor, bonehead.....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

LOL I didn't garden until '99 when my folks moved in with us. The one garden used to be a HUGE sandbox for said boys then a HUGE playhouse that they could jump off of into said sandbox from about 13' off the roof. Another garden area used to be a pitcher's mound. Then I just added some here and there. My baby will be 31 this year.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

No can do. I will be in AK. Give Jan a big hug when she gets there.

Way too bad, Steve. Everyone loves to have your company at these get-togethers.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

So sorry to hear that Steve. That means we will bypass you in MT. :((((((
Big hugs to you, too.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Jan I got to use the Blanket you made for my grandaughter. I was sleeping beside her bed last week so when she vomited I had the pail ready. Well I curled up with it by my cheek and fell asleep. She had too many in her bed and we didn't want vomit on it. Thank you so much.
You know Jan you would miss out on the best garden in the NW if you didn't stop. I will be herebefore an after it. I just go to AK for 2 weeks.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

OK Jan I now have a good excuse for not getting to RU. I bought a sail boat in Seattle (Catalina 22) for $1700 in great shape except for a 4'X5' hole on the port side. Well while driving it home to Montana I had to get out and tie down some gear and while on the boat a big gust of wind blew me off balance and I fell off the boat onto the concrete. This fractured my leg (again) where I broke it hunting 7 years ago. After a Looooong painful trip pushing in my clutch with my broken leg I got to the ER in Spokane. So I am disabled to attend a place where I have to run from aggressive women trying to get even with me for my indiscresions. LOL Off to alaska to work with wolf hybrids while crawling on the floor. I love sailing!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Holy cow, Sofer! A broken leg. Heal well.
Too funny - in great shape 'cept for the BIG hole in the side. Your next project.
Isn't that blanket soft? I loved making it.
We will be heading back home after the RU at Sharon's house, so you won't be at home. Maybe next year - DH informed me that he will be bicycling cross-country next summer. I will be his back-up plan. WOOHOO!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Well, I'm getting excited for my 'road' trip. I fly out Tuesday to Houston to grabahold of baby Cora. Jeff will join up with me mid- June then we start meandering our way up to the PNW. So looking forward to meeting whoever can make it to PNWMountaingirl's in July. See the top of the thread.

Jan

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I am looking forward to meeting you, Jan.

Also, If any of you need a place to stay, you are very welcome to stay with us. We have lots of room. You can come and go as you please.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Ditto, Lynn

Am bumping up this thread so we can get more organized on plans. I will keep the top of the thread updated as things firm up. Will add names there as RSVP's come in.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOOHOO!!!

I am still coming. Heehee. Texas is awesome! Of course cuddling with little Cora is just the most awesome thing. She is so good-natured.

So looking forward to this event.

(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

Count us in!! And let us know what we can do to help!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I'm in Oregon!!!! Arrived yesterday. We are tired. We have put 5100 miles on the car since Jeff left Jersey. We are tired, but certainly enjoyed seeing the different parks and sights we saw. This country is just beautiful!!!

OK! Sunday I will start d-mailing those who said they would be here and update the top of the thread. DG hasn't been very busy lately. I think everyone is trying to catch up after getting so far behine outdoors.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sounds great!!

Bothell, WA

Look forward to meeting PNW gardeners and visitors -- and taking a nice drive from my home in Bothell.

Thumbnail by mbabbitt
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woohoo!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.