Needed to add some Oriental Lilies in front.

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

So I wanted to add Oriental Lilies to the left front yard again since I had them out there but had to dig them up due to the belgium block mini terraces put in last year. I found the bulbs to be in such bad shape that I just tossed them instead of trying to replant. I am sure I had them planted too deeply. At any rate I have been looking at the layout and decided that the far left corner, near the round rose planters is the best place for the wanted Oriental lily bulbs. So the two daylilies I stuck in there last year will have to move, no big deal.

I had been looking at the better lily sellers but didn't find what I wanted so went back to K. Van Bourgondien were I had gotten the original batch.

I ordered the mix oriental lily collection (25 bulbs) and then also 5 each of Dizzy, Muscadet and Tiger Edition and they will all go together to make one stand.I don't care if the colors are mixed up, in fact I like it that way.

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

Give us some photos of the area

It is raining now. I will take some pictures as soon as it clears up.

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

Looking forward to it.

I enjoy seeing the before, during, and after photos.

Gives me the encouragement to stick with my projects when it seems like I have slipped into a never ending one.

Dawn

This is the left side of my front yard out by the sidewalk. Looking at the picture all the way back were the bottom of the belgium block mini terraces meets the round rose plants that are over by the driveway, one can just see a speck of green in the corner. That is the two daylilies need moving out as that is were my lily bulbs I just ordered are going.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

NICE!

I have a bank in front of my house. I planted ditch lilies there last fall. Your layout looks so much better. HHHhhhhmmmm... Ideas....

Dawn

A better picture showing were I am going to muve those two daylilies out and plant the lilies.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

The red stones add a nice touch.

Well, they shipped my order Friday. Should get them soon.

So the box arrived earlier today. I moved the two daylilies that had to go and planted the lily bulbs. I have a flat of violas that I bought the other week at the nursery and am thinking of planting the violas on top to add spring color. In fact I just had thought of it as I was doing this post and really do love the idea. I am going out right now to plant them.

So I did plant the violas on top of the area with the oriental bulbs. I am glad I got that idea as it looks great :-))

A picture of them planted.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita

Different view

Thumbnail by newyorkrita

I can see them coming up, hurray.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I never thought about planting pansy's around the base of the lilies. And I really don't like the 'bare knees' look and dirt that I have. Great idea. Thanks

The new Oriental Lillies growing out front.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Gainesville, FL(Zone 8b)

I love what you did to that corner. Your yard is beautiful.

Thanks. I like to have lilies in all the different areas around the garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.