April 8 & 9 New Bern - Heritage Plant Sale and Free Gardens

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

This is one of my favorites! Tryon Palace in New Bern has thousands of tulips in bloom this week. There’s free admission to the spectacular gardens on Friday and Saturday from 9-6 pm, and Sunday from 11am-6 pm. The buildings have an admission fee, but I am fine with the gardens alone.

And more importantly…drum roll…a terrific heritage plant sale on Friday and Saturday from 9-5 on the palace grounds. There are unique and historic plants, and master gardeners and palace greenhouse staff to chat with. I always come home with something that turns out to be a good addition to my garden. It’s not a huge event, but very nice stuff.

If you decide to go, let me know. I’m planning to go Friday morning and would love to meet anyone there.

Entlie

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Sigh, that really sounds like fun. Enjoy yourself.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

That must be gorgeous! What did you buy??
I went to New Hanover County's Master Gardener plant sale last week and a local group, Hobby Greenhouse's, plant sale yesterday. Goodies include butterfly ginger, curry, princess flower, bat-face cuphea and basil. Love these kind of sales!
Barb

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Barbie, I bought a prunus mume, one of the beautiful flowering apricot trees that blooms in February. $8! A purple runner bean, only a dollar, a large Formosa Azalea, a grapevine for my neighbor (our dog lopped off theirs, so I took it out of the dog's allowance), three sweet potato vines and a Sweet William. Didn't realize the Sweet William is biennial until I got it home. Great sale! Jealous of your curry!

Thumbnail by Entlie
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Cool! Nice haul!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.