Anyone Growing any of the Double Peony MGs

Mesilla Park, NM

I've gotten a couple of seeds to try this year so I'm hoping they do something. Anyone else got any seeds for these beauties.
A.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

I look forward to seeing yours, A! I imagine they will be beautiful! :-) :-)

Mesilla Park, NM

I haven't started them yet, I'm hoping to maybe in two weeks, have too many seedlings right now to water. And my Box turtles are starting to come out of hybernation, so I need to take care of them for a while till the weather stays in the 50's at night.

Mesilla Park, NM

I was really surprised to get my seeds from Japan after the earthquake, they were mailed two days before and I got them a week after the earthquake, then I got my order from Onalee, Summerhill seeds, Hops seeds from Whatcom, some clematis and mgs, and Lakemary Gardens (the double flowers mgs), and Parks sent me my order in four mailings, I can't believe they did that, but it was nice getting four different boxes.

Hopefully this year will be a great year.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

A,

Wow! Sounds like you are off to a great start with all those goodies! I can't wait to see the double flowers! Those would be great for crossing! :-)

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Double Peony MGs?? I didn't even know there was such a thing. I definitely want to see pics, A. I bet they'll be beautiful!!

By the way, my friend, I plan to pack up the plants you want this week. We had sunshine today. OMG!!! I so very much want to go to a plant sale about 1.5 hrs from here, but the hwys along the way are flooded and closed. Maybe by the end of the week they'll be open again. I NEED more plants!! LOL

NancyAnn

Mesilla Park, NM

ooh, I'll be on the lookout for the plants. I'm so excited here, I wish I could go shopping with you. Two days ago I put in 40 one gallon pots of Salvia and Sages and even some Primrose containers.. They look so good. I'm hoping to get another 40 one gallon pots this weekend for the other section.

I'm in no hurry, you take your time. I know what you mean when you say I need more plants..lol.. I planted some Jack Beans today and a few other weird stuff that I had soaking, hopefully I didn't rot anything. I think the winds here are dying down and maybe I can relax a little bit now.

Did you start any of the mg seeds I sent you yet? Don't start too many and get overwhelmed, I am going to take it easy from now on and sow a little at a time .

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi A., I started the moonflower seeds for the wedding garden and planted them, but they I think they drowned in all the rain we've gotten. I have some more so I'll try again. I haven't started others yet; I was afraid they'd drown. But now that the rain finally stopped, maybe I can.

You'd have a blast at my favorite nursery. It's 150 acres. It takes me about 1/2 a day to go thru and grab all that I want. Wish you were here! We might not leave many plants for other shoppers. LOL

Mesilla Park, NM

Yeah, I wish I could go too. I got several packs for the moon vine and got a couple of plants going, hopefully I can transplant some out this weekend, I am hoping NO MORE WIND for awhile.

150 acres, keep your eye out for any I. indica pots, please, and/or caudex mgs.. sometimes these larger nurseries will have them indoors in their greenhouses... I havent' seen any nurseries like that since I lived in California, boy, those were the days!

A.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.