Husbands! Sigh...

Lacey, WA

My grandkids have outgrown this lovely cedar playhouse we bought for them. It's tall enough for an adult to be inside comfortably, and is about 6 feet x 8 feet in size. I want to bring it over to my yard and create a "Granny" cottage out of it. I have what I think is the PERFECT spot for it, but hubby is digging his heels in and saying NO!

He says he thinks it's "unnecessary". I mean, what garden art is actually NECESSARY anyway? I didn't even tell him the Granny part which I'm sure he'd visualize as a junk heap. I have a MUCH better view of it in my head than I am sure he has!

I'm thinking how the heck can it possibly hurt, it doesn't cost us anything, and he always loves my yard projects when I'm done. He's a darling (we've been married 42 years), and so rarely vetoes anything I want, so I'm trying to be understanding...but GEEZE! It's FREE, and it's gonna be SO CUTE! He seems quite adamant about it...and that's so rare for him that I suppose I might have to give in on this one.....BIG sigh!!!

This thread has 56 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!