Weather for April, no fool!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We had some rain last night.
Sunny this morning, 37º. No wind.

(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Bernie!

Sun, sun, sun here! Supposed to get into the low 70s today and tomorrow then another storm. Definitely, Springtime in the Rockies.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Gonna be nice day today and tomorrow.... Enough with all the raining past 2 days!....

Tulip bloom!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy April Fool's Day everyone!! lol. I played a prank on one of my coworkers today. Went in and told him someone had flattened all 4 of his tires. He believed me. LOL

SUNNY!!! And temps gonna be in the low 60s. Whoo hoo!!!

Vail, AZ

We're having a heat wave, it's 90 degrees at 11:45. And just a month ago we have it down to 15. What a year so far. I lost a lot of plants. I've already spent over $300 at the nurseries. The irises just started blooming. Here's ,y first of the season.

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sometimes it's hard to get the truth going on a day like today.
At the archery range they had a computer running a live video of a bald eagle sitting on the nest & the eggs close to hatching.
I mentioned what I heard a couple weeks ago. A large tree came down in the wind recently. It had an eagle nest in it that had been there about 15 years. In the nest were 76 dog collars.
These people thought I was telling an April Fool's joke & I was not.

We had NW wind all day, but sunny & close to being warm.

I don't look for good weather until Easter.

Hit high 60s, maybe low 70s today with lots of sunshine!! A very warm and very nice day. Perfect for grilling!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

51°with a high of 72°
Partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Isolated thunderstorms this evening followed by a few showers overnight. A few storms may be severe.

Thanks for the new thread Bernie! We need rain here!

Celia, yep, Springtime storms! Love the daffs!

Rusty, I'm glad you will dry out. Lovely tulip! Mine are only a few inches tall.

Pepper, you are so bad!! Nice temps!

Redheadclan, glad to see you back! I do love that iris!

Bernie, I let the kids April Fool me, otherwise, I'm a doubter. Especially if I don't know the truth :o)

Very sad about the dog collars.

We have a live stream of an eagle nest 80' in the air and built in 2007, at the Decorah Fish Hatchery. A previous nest branch fell in a windstorm . She has eggs and I believe one hatched. I haven't looked lately.

I'm lookin now and they are both in the nest. She's a bit irritated at him for pecking around the nest. I know how she feels, LOL!

We got the boys Thursday because DD Sara was hoping to have an ultrasound after her regular appointment. They didn't have anything open, but could get her in the next day. So we had the boys overnight. Then she had things she needed to do and wondered if they could stay two nights. Yep.

Carly is no longer breech, but now Callun is. They both weigh about 2# which is what a single baby would weigh. They base everything on a single birth. Carly's head is slightly larger. We had some pretty homely ultra sound pictures, LOL! I'll admit they are a lot clearer than they used to be.

We also had the boys over April Fools Day..... Grandma fell for the floating house, dinosaur in the field, bug on her head and many many more silly ones, LOL!

It was so nice out that we got to go to our boring little park, two days in a row, and we played kickball with no coats and bare toes yesterday. Then they went home happy and tired!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I gonna have a "bad hair day" today (windy)....

http://www.accuweather.com/us/mo/joplin/64801/watches-warnings.asp

I did clean up all the leaves and put into compost for 2 years... I has other 2 barrels sitting in my yard for 2 years and waiting for to dry out first then use it up for gardens....

Going to Home Depot that garden soil on sale today before it out...

JuJu broke my slide screen door yesterday it happen I put her inside and here she ran and hit the slide screen door of 2 corner (one on left top and other right bottom) and broke plastic thing inside of the corner....So, I put it back on but very carefully again if bust up again I hate to buy whole slide screen door! Bad Girl, JuJu!

Under a Wind Advisory til 8pm tonight. Winds holding steady at 40 mph. Sunny and very warm with temps close to 80 or over 80.

Went out and weeded my veggie bed a bit today. Didn't take any tools so was limited in what I could dig up but it looks alot better already. Need to throw some radishes and carrot seeds out before it rains so maybe I will get lucky and get some this year. lol

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It's hit up to 89* today! And still windy up to 45 mph...
Will be thunderstorm tonight...

I think we passed the 90 degree mark today. Whew!! Hot and humid, storms firing up in Kansas.

(Zone 7a)

Oh, Rusty! Sorry about the door! Bad JuJu...

Pepper, hot and humid you may be but I'm jealous anyway. It beats the 5" of snow we just endured.

30º and falling.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

44° with a high of 47°
Windy. Much cooler. Cloudy. A chance of rain showers in the morning...then a slight chance of rain showers in the afternoon. High in the upper 40s. Northwest wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph. Chance of showers 30 percent.

Rusty, LOL over the bad hair day! DH raked some of the yard when I was sick and I had him put them in the compost pile. I hate to waste good leaves!

Oh Ju! I hope youu can get it fixed. She is a strong girl!

Pepper, the garden didn't even get a second look here, LOL! I did get rid of a lot of dandelions from the flower beds tho! I did think about peas, but.... we don't have a fence up yet :o(

Celia, 5'', it better melt!!

I worked on weeding all afternoon and evening. It was cloudy and breezy and we blew the old smells out of the house! I had to wait till after 7:00pm for any rain. What a light show tho! Thick bolts down and sideways. The electrical were really curly rather than fingers. It was something! There was a chance for ping pong and golf ball sized hail, but not here. I heard hail, but couldn't even see it, LOL! I don't think we got much rain, but at least we got some. Enough to wet the stuff I put down Saturday.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I did brought the new screen door yesterday at Lowe's! Hope not get hit again!

Rusty woke me up at 130 am that scared him the T-storm again! I stay up until 3 am after storm is over!

Still raining little bit today 46*...

(Zone 7a)

There is more snow out there than I thought. 3" or so. 41º with 50º expected. The sun is out with high, thin clouds. Very pretty.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Oh Boy I gonna have freeze warning tomorrow...

http://www.accuweather.com/us/mo/joplin/64801/watches-warnings.asp

Chance of frost tonight here also. Brought my Boston Fern in so I wouldn't lose it.

Today was a cold day compared to yesterday!! High of 51, sunny and windy. I wore my coat when outside. And turned one heater back on when I got home to take the chill out of the air.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

29° with a high of 60
Mostly sunny with temperatures rising towards the upper 40s. Then, Partly cloudy. High around 60F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph.

Celia, that is a lot of snow to melt, but we know how fast it can go. It is water for the plants says "Pollyanna."

Rusty, it was under 30* for me this morning, but it's normal till the middle of April. I am so glad I got one nice day to weed!

Pepper, same here with those North winds! I had my stocking cap on and my hood pulled up as I walked the yard to see if the rain plumped my iris up. By asternoon, it wasn't any warmer.

DH got a picture of lightning Sunday as the storm moved East.

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 7a)

A very cool pic, BP!!!

Yes, most of the snow is gone. DH kept saying he didn't want to get the snowblower out and I told him to just sit and wait a few hours. It will be gone. heh

50º, cloudy and perfect for working outside. I am reworking a side garden bed.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Great pic, Sally!
Chilly, but sunny . No rain. Very strong wind. I've started to plant on the new veggie bed.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Warmer today with temps reaching around 60. Windy again too. Greenhouse frame is up at work but no plastic and the timbers aren't out to define the area around the greenhouse.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

49° with a high of 63° Showers early, then cloudy in the afternoon. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Thanks Celia! I haven't forgotten your most exellent photo of a strike either :o)

ROTFL over trhe snowblower! It pays to listen to you :o)

Thanks Adina, I am so envious (in a good way :o) of your beautiful big bed! I can see all kinds of veggies planted out there! A fence! Good idea!

Pepper, I wouldn't mind waiting for the greenhouse if the weather is still cool :o)

Another warmish day ahead and if it doesn't rain I will be out with the dandelion digger working on those and chickweed. I ran out of Preen :o(

(Zone 7a)

BP, I just got lucky. LOL

Girls, I remember when we had a terrible storm a few years ago and I took 300 pics trying to catch a lightning!LOL
Sally BP, I just saw about your storm on TV...I hope it wasn't that bad for you. They said it was bad in Georgia. I'm glad for the veggie bed! Just finished planting onions and sowed peas, spinach and radish...a rain shower stopped me!

(Zone 7a)

Ahhhh, the digital days. I set my camera on continuous shutter and have at it! LOL

Cool, cloudy, NO SNOW. it is raining off and on. 38º

Highs around 70, breezy, and still sunny!! Loving the sun right now!! We have more rain coming in. Ugh!! I want to dry out enough to get the garden bed tilled and then it can rain. LOL

Oh, does anyone have good ideas for herbs or small plants that kids can just eat from in the garden? My 3 yr old nephew gets into everything so I wanting to fill in all the holes in my bed with herbs and other leafy plants but need stuff his young, still developing taste will like. lol. I know I will have basil in there, and was thinking of kale til I tried one today. LOL.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We had nice weather today. Didn't bother with readings, just enjoyed it.
We were at the house we are installing the cherry kitchen cabinets. Put the backs on the island, the panels up on the sofits & doors & drawer fronts.
She picked out glass for the remaining cabinet doors. Need to order that tomorrow.
Now we have the job of making the fireplace mantel & making &installing all the doors, door & window trim.
Might be done by mid June.

Tomorrow we will be planting radish, beets carrots, & whatever else meets our fancy.
New Gladiolus bulbs arrived today. 6 new colors.
May start planting them Friday. Got lots of replies to help wanted ads, so now will see if any can actually work.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Close up of panel backs.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

39°/58° Cloudy with occasional showers this afternoon. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%

Dyson Dark

Celia, DH just kept clicking and got lucky too :o)

Adina, I guess it wasn't yor lucky day, LOL! You would think after all those shots you would get one! We were lucky. It wasn't bad at all.

You got garden in at a perfect time with the rain!

Pepper, at the moment I'm drawing a blank. I know there's something kid friendly out there. That's a good idea, so I hope someone can think of some things.

Bernie, If you're getting things in the mail Spring can't be too far off for any of us!

Her kitchen is just gorgeous! You do such an amazing job!

We took the jeep out for a short ride. It felt good to get out after being sick for a month!

Buffalo at a farm South of Nichols

Thumbnail by billyporter
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It's now 57*... Later on t-storm or shower either one is come first! lol....

I did plant tomatoes in ground yesterday and today I gonna plant seed is beet, turnip and basil....

Tulip

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

47° with a high of 60° Generally cloudy. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Precip: 0.76 in (est.)

Rusty, your garden is underway!

Love the tulip! I can't wait till mine finish coming up so they can bloom!

We had a nice steady rain last night! Woo Hoo.

April Showers bring May flowers!

Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

Pepper - Parsley is a good herb you can just eat right out of the garden. I like the flat-leaf variety. Oregano is good fresh, too. You might try thyme also, though the leaves are pretty tiny. I've heard of kids who like chives, too.

Thanks, I'm making a list. lol

Coolish this morning then warmed up nicely this afternoon. Bought 6 bags of compost for garden, dumped 1 then decided to hold off on rest til we till.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

69° with a high of 85° Windy with scattered strong thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Very warm. Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

ImaMes, I was just thinking about you yesterday. I do believe my Oakleaf Hydrangea is going to make it!

I never thought of Parsley and I grow Orange Thyme even tho it barely hangs on each year. I'm not sure it it lived this year, but I use it in cooking. I also grew Sage, but it gets about 3' around. It is perennial for me.

Pepper, I have a compost pile and still buy bags of dirt to stretch it out.

It's been beautiful here! We slept with a few windows open last nice. It was coolish, but breezy all night! It was heaven! I set chairs out in the yard, but are to have big storms tonight, so back they will go!

We had the Grandkids this week. We are now looking for games they can both play. HA! I've never seen so many dumb worthless games! I just wanted a checker board. I didn't find one. On the way home we stopped at a new little ''old'' store and bought them a couple of comic books. We didn't see the 50 cent box of them till after we paid $3.00 per book. Next time.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

bp check at the dollar stores or Walmart for a combo pack of games.
Many times you can get a box w/ 3 or more 'old school' games together.

Well the weather here was terrible yesterday.
(Supposed to be in the upper 70's and sunny. It T-Stormed and rained about all day. Barely broke 60°)
Only thing is we weren't here....lol!
Up in Urbana it was in the upper 50's and cloudy/misty until about 4:30PM then sunny and quite nice.
Got home around 8:30PM and found everything covered w/ huge puddles! LOL!
Eric, our neighbor, met us and told us about the weather here.
Our Friend Sue is selling some nice Perennials and we picked him up a couple of 'Pink Delight' Butterfly bushes.
Seems the pink and white ones bring in more Butterflies than the Purple.

Sunny today and heading, supposedly, to 80°!

Ric

Pepper, you can plant dill too!
Sally, comic books are great too!
Bernie,the cabinets are awesome!
I've finished planting and sowing, time for weeding in the flower garden.
It's cloudy alternating with sunny, but chilly. 55F and going down. No rain.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Dreay day today. Low gray clouds all day. Weather liars said sunny & 70 something. No sun, didn't even get close to 70!

Had over 1" rain last night. Would like to finish planting Glads tomorrow if not to wet.
Son got some radish & assorted early things in Yesterday.

We need nice dry weather for a while.

Started out nice and windy, then humidity built up along with heat. Then sprinkles moved in along with a cool front and now it's super nice out!! All windows open in the house and we also grilled tonight. Grilled chicken and potatoes with parmasan cheese and butter. YUM!!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

48° with a high of 63°
Mostly cloudy. Some breaks a sun. Cooler. Wind W 5-15 mph.

Ric, thanks, we go occasionally, but I never thought of the games they have. I was ready to go to Kalona and see what the Amish have :o)

I can't wait to see the butterflies on the bushes! I did see a dark butterfly yesterday, but he stayed across the yard and I was in the adirondack chair draining the tired away :o)

Adina, dill! Boy my thinking cap wasn't on, LOL!

No rain but a pretty picture!

Bernie, I think the weather liars are going to be in fine form this year.

Pepper at least one of us had a wonderful day! Grilled chicken has to be my favorite!

We didn't get a drop of rain at all yesterday! Huge thunder clouds just South of us, passed just to the East of us, flashing all the way, but I couldn't hear the thunder. We could have used more rain, tho the temps have been nice! I've been weeding!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.