pics of sidare?

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

ipomoea Sidare does anyone have any pics of this mg?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Try this link Marie, it's not a great pic but you will have an idea.

http://protist.i.hosei.ac.jp/asagao/yoneda_db/E/PCD2523/htmls/59.html

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

LOL! Sidare is an I. nil cultivar. Not a species MG!

Ronnie is correct that is a photo of just one cultivar of Sidare. Seems the Japanese has created Sidare in all different types of blooms. I posted a link (on another thread) to an old thread from last year showing the one I grew. I'm growing it again this year and hope to get lots of seeds for more sharing. I shared almost all that I had last year with everyone that wanted them. Just planted the last of those seeds this past weekend in a bowl planter that the vine can drape down from. It bloomed a lot for me last year and I got a lot of seeds. Now I need to work on crossing it with other colors to get some diversity in blooms! :-)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7740443

This message was edited Mar 31, 2011 10:37 PM

szarvas, Hungary

Or this pic from Japan.

In the garden it refuses to climb!
In fact it did not get genes of the climber .

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

For them this is the place!

Thumbnail by dany12
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

I definatly want then. I would love it in a hanging basket.

Marie - Do ask me for seeds later this year after I've collect them from this year's vines. I am sure I will have seeds to trade! :-)

Mesilla Park, NM

I may have a couple of seeds from you Becky, I've not had a chance to grow any that grow this way, very nice, it appears that there are a variety of different colors too.

Antoinette - I saw the variety in the flowers in Dany's photo and thought that was pretty neat. Definitely a good one to use as a cross to create some interesting weeping vines ... maybe?

Mesilla Park, NM

I agree, could come up with some very interesting vines and flowers.

:-) :-)

Mesilla Park, NM

One seed germinated here so far...

Watch the vine growth habit. It's really cool!

Mesilla Park, NM

Alrighty, gosh, the days are just going by so fast here. I'm trying to keep up with everything and my seedlings too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.