Been looking at this garden

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW what lusheous plants and colors.
https://picasaweb.google.com/gottagarden

Thumbnail by ge1836
(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Wow!!! Where is this garden? It's spectacular! Sigh...

Pam

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

She was on Garden web and lives about half an hour west of me.
She is a photographer.

This message was edited Mar 31, 2011 5:57 AM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

The gardens are gorgeous, actually I think the best I've ever seen. She has the 'eye' for color combos, that's for sure! I know I plan on copying some of her combos.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I wrote to her for plant id's.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Plants are Iris Batick (sp?) and salvia nemerosa. Love the combo, will have to remember this one. For those intrested, the salvia is one of the first to bloom in my garden and if deadheaded will continue to frost. This variety is also available in pink and white, and 24-28". I have grown them for years, and the deer don't even touch them. Kathy

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes thats Batik. She has another combo of Iris Dover Beach with nepetas thats stunning.

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

That is one fanciful garden. I loved the idea of the iris and nepeta together. Never would have considered the two. I loved it so much I moved my iris in with my nepeta today :)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I dug some Daylilies to make room for iris around my walkers low.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the link! I'm bookmarking that one! Absolutely beautiful. The poppy bug hasn't bitten her yet, though, right ge? ;-) I would love to see how she designs with poppies. Very talented lady!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Come to think I didnt see any.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I saw some beautiful purple poppies. Forget which picture, but they were some of the perennial ones.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Maybe Pattys Plum.I'll cruise her albums and see.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Here's the picture:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gottagarden/May2010#5477807183785716722

There's also a shot with some orange ones in it.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I believe thats Patties Plum.Poppies would be in any June or late May garden

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I thought Patties Plum was more purple. I love them, though.

Seems she has nepeta everywhere. Great use of it. I'm going to move some of mine around, too, catzgalore.

Everyone says to keep other plants away from the iris rhizomes, but she sure doesn't.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Now I need Euphorbias

Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

Wow. Thanks for posting the link. Enjoyed looking at the pictures. Can't grow half the plants pictured down here, but I, too, thought, "Wow, I need catmint. And more salvias."

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Holy cow, what a garden. I can't stop looking at the different pictures. I am so full of new ideas right now and I have to get some 'Batik' iris for sure now along with some catmint. Wow, wow, wow is all I can say. Thanks so much for sharing this link.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Stores are going to be selling out of irises and catmint, LOL.

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

WOW!!!! This is spectacular, She deserves her own book deal!! Am I correct the garden is located back east, in new england area? I hope one day to have such beautiful gardens. I want her Erumeris, veronicastrums and clematis, and most of all the PEONIES. Yummmmmm!!!! Gotta smell absolutely wonderful. I'm guessing she started with 1 gallons or larger, cuz my seedling are taking three years to fill in that nicely, ( boo hoo). Wow, what a talented lady. The color combos are perfect, gave me ideas to incorporate into my own little sissinghurst. Must be wonderful to have a husband to help with hardscaping tooo!! lol. Thanks ge1836 for putting up the link. Kathy

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

glad everyone is enjoying.

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

ge, do you know how much land she is gardening on? It looks like quite a large area. I envy her rolling land as well. I'm on a flat, flat, flat 1 acre lot in the middle of the corn belt; if there wasn't a tree in the way I bet I could see the nearest town 5 miles over.

LOL pollyk, I bet you're right, places are going to be wondering what the run on irises and especially catmint is all about.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I think you can find her on Garden Web "gottagarden" she says where she lives.

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Her garden is in upper state New York. I've trade with her a couple of times and she is great to deal with. Of course the plants she sends are very, very nice. I agree someone should do a book on her garden. I'll have to ask her if she's been featured in any of the 'eye candy' gardening magazines.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

She is really accomodating.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'd go for a book with that garden in it.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow! I could spend all night looking at those photos. I like the combination of the Samurai Warrior Iris with the red barberry and a lot of other combos too. The red garden makes me add one to my front yard.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm looking for an ID on the spike flowere plant at the bottom.She told me but I forgot

Thumbnail by ge1836
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Kind of looks like stachys officionalis?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I found the mail she sent.
Its Stacheys Hummelo.Turns out its a spreader.Cant use it.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Boy it sure looks different than my stachys. Hummelo. Hmmm.

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

I agree the picture looks very different from my Hummelo too. However Stachys Hummelo is a wonderful, very well behaved plant. It is a clumper and I have experienced no seedlings. Has anyone else had a different experience?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Celene has itright. Its a ground cover. Cant do it.too much controle needed for where I want it.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW Thanks Fran. I will revisit it on Bluestone .If it behaves itself I want some Hummelo that is.
I added it to my order at Bluestone.It will go infront of some Renoire asiatic lilies.

This message was edited Apr 9, 2011 12:09 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes, persicaria. It's quite a spreader. i was outside potting up some stuff and the name came to me, LOL.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

here is the combo

Thumbnail by ge1836
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

yes have stachys hummelo, and it is a clumper, have been growing for 10 years or so, love it. the plant in question is polygonum, probably bistorta, common name is fleeceflower, and yes it is a spreader. In my zone 5 garden fall color is red. Good Luck, Kathy

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I think we're talking about the same thing, persicaria or polygonum. Here's another picture.

I would not put that in your beds, Jo.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/peren/msg0915405223524.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.