Introduction & q's re: Ireland and Cornwall

New Orleans, LA

Hi. I am a native New Orleanian who has not been using this site as much as I want to start doing so. I guess because it's spring, I'm all gardening passion. I've been posting in Florida gardeners because - to me - their climate is more like ours than, say, Tennessee. So: hello and on to specifics. I'm going to Ireland and thence to Cornwall with a friend who has become a garden consultant (as well as art consultant) after taking all the courses and traveling everywhere - New Zealand, all over Europe, the works. We are not going to do gardens so much in Ireland (she's done it) but we have a gift cottage in Castletownshend in Cork and are going to do that region for scenery and antiquities and lore and then maybe Dublin because I'm the literary person. The on to Cornwall where the gardens are legendary. If any of you has any good advice on these areas (getting to Shannon on 8/31 and leaving Heathrow on 6/14) - I would love it and thank you.

Sounds like you have it all planned. What advice are you looking for? Not that I can help with regions much never having been to Cornwall.

Navan, Ireland

Hi from Ireland,
If you DO want to hit gardens in Ireland, then Cork is the place to be. Annesgrove, Fota and Illnacullan are just three.
I have visited Heligan and the Eden project in Cornwall and both are excellent in different ways. But really you are spoiled for choice in Cornwall. You will probably miss most of the Rhododendrons but if you stand and throw a stone in Cornwall it would probably land in a fine garden (not really).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.