New Orleans gardener who skips around

New Orleans, LA

Hi. I am a native New Orleanian who has not been using this site as much as I want to start doing so. I guess because it's spring, I'm all gardening passion. I've been posting in Florida gardeners because - to me - their climate is more like ours than, say, Tennessee. So: hello and on to specifics. I'm going to Ireland and thence to Cornwall with a friend who has become a garden consultant (as well as art consultant) after taking all the courses and traveling everywhere - New Zealand, all over Europe, the works. We are not going to do gardens so much in Ireland (she's done it) but we have a gift cottage in Castletownshend in Cork and are going to do that region for scenery and antiquities and lore and then maybe Dublin because I'm the literary person. The on to Cornwall where the gardens are legendary. If any of you has any good advice on these areas (getting to Shannon on 8/31 and leaving Heathrow on 6/14) - I would love it and - do you think I should really be posting in ithis Forum instead of Florida? Think I might copy this message and post it in some British site, what?

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi, aalake. Post anywhere you wish, however, you will not find a more friendly forum than Mid-South ;o) All of your trips sound heavenly. I am sorry that I cannot help you with great gardening ideas for other countries, but the the same zone here will most likely plant the same plants in the counterpart zone over seas....with a few exceptions here and there.

Enjoy to travels!
Kim

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi aalake. I like to skip around too and have met friendly folks all over DG. I'm up here in TN (smile) so we definitley don't garden alike but I've learned something from everyone I meet on DG.

Exciting about your trip to Ireland! I can't help you there either but have traveled in England and just went bonkers over the gardens for which the English are famous. I know it is green, green, green in Ireland and beautiful. I'd love to go but can't right now. Have a wonderful trip! I know you will!!! ^_^

Carole

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.