Ripoffs, Deceptions and Remedies

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I have been a homemaker along with a few careers, to know when things are not as advertised.
I recently sent complaints to 2 companies about the quality of their product. I only sent one before in my lifetime. I bought some Polmolive Dishwashing Liquid. I use Consumer's Reports to help me make up my mind about what to buy. I have found them extremely accurate.
My Polmolive was not what I was used to. It was very weak. It took a lot more of the liquid to get the water soapy and didn't last. I finally called Colgate-Polmolive's consumer's department and of course, they told me they had NOT changed their formula and that they didn't use a weaker solution for Polmolive at Dollar General (which is where I bought the last bottle). So I bought another bottle at a regular grocery store. Same thing. Very weak. The water didn't feel soapy at all. So I called them back. They still denied the problem but offered me 3 coupons for free bottles of Polmolive. They treat me like I was nuts.
This kind of thing is going on in America all the time. Low quality, smaller packages, and even items that can harm you, like food poisoning might.
I think it would be great to start a forum on rip-offs, rotten foods and just plain lies. I don't know if DG would let us do that as we have to mention brand names but we certainly do that all over the site when discusing products we need for gardening and also in recipes.
What do you think? Any of you have a ghastly story about a product?

This message was edited Apr 3, 2011 7:59 AM

This thread has 110 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!