What I'm working on

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'm making a quilt to send to Japan. I'm sure most of the quilters here are aware of several groups working to send 'comfort quilts' to the suffering people there. The Japanese people love quilting and are extremely good at it. The editor of their Patchwork magazine is who I'm sending mine to. I bought the print fabric several years ago at the Paducah Quilt Show, but it never seemed to be right for any project I was working on. It is a reproduction of a kimono print and I guess it was just waiting for this.

Please don't look at the crooked seams and points that don't quite match...I'm no quilter. I sew lots of things (I have 3 sewing machines, one of which is a Featherweight) I just don't call myself a quilter....

This is going to be an Attic Windows and I've laid the blocks on the fabric like it will be finished. I'll get another dark for the border (maybe a purple) and will probably bind it in the cinnamon color.

Thumbnail by melody
This thread has 32 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!