dead annuals

Mechanicsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Some of my annuals were killed by frost. Will the seeds get ripe or are they dead? My morning glories, marigolds, and zinnias were killed. It was my morning glory Tie Dye and I didn't get any seeds from it yet. Please e-mail me at snapdragon86@juno.com

This message was edited Friday, Mar 29th 2:53 PM

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

Hi Lisa

I have been harvesting what I could as well got a good frost on Sunday and thing went to pot quick. Had tons of green toms on the vines hoping for the best with them.
I have quite a few zinnias that i will be able to get seeds from, just deadhead them let them dry then start seperarting you will know if they are ripe buy the size and color of the seeds. Marigolds are the same way, you can tell by size and color ( meaning dark to black in color).
The morning glories I am not sure as I haven't grown any for a while and when I did they self sowed them selves.
I hope this helps you and little. Mike

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

More than likely some matured from your morning glories. I harvested a bunch from mine and I am in the same zone you are in. I have lots of seed left if you are interested here is a picture of what I grew last year http://davesgarden.com/showthread/90129.html

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Lisa, I never plant my Mt. Fuji morning glories. They come back every year from seed, so maybe you will be lucky too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.