New Adenium Seedlings

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

I planted these 2 weeks ago. When they're bigger I'll transplant them into a cactus mix. Royal Ruby and Phoenix seedlings.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Last Summer's seedlings kept inside under the light this winter.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1
Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

I also sowed a few - they are cute, even when small....love them. Looking great, you have a handfull there.

Decatur, GA

Nice job mpabbott. Starting seeds is an art I have not mastered, or even tried much.. hmmm maybe those go together.
Anyway you have some nice plants there. What do you do with them all?
Helen

Yardley, PA

Adenium seed are fun to sow and pretty easy to start on. You have done a nice job mp- they look great!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

They are indeed cute. Congratulations.

I want the one in the styrofoam cup to the right of the transparent plastic glass with the word Yellow on it. One can dream, can't one?

Take care.
Sylvain.

I keep a couple of each batch to grow on, and then I give the rest to friends when the weather is good outside. I've put my 2 and 3 year old adenium outside already. Next weekend they'll go back into full sun.

Sorry Sylvain, that's the only one of the 2 Yellow Earth Adenium seed that germinated. The vendor "Adenium Ko" doesn't seem to be selling on eBay at this time, so I can't find any more to try.

Mary

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks. I was just kidding.

Sylvain.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Mary you sure know what you are doing. Your babies are looking fantastic! I have some adenium seeds to plant but I've never planted them before.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

oh wow

Just ordered 5 Star of Yellow Dream seeds.

Providence, RI

These seedlings are too cute. Fat little plants in the making shall we say?

Does anyone know if the Adeniums do better in cactus mix. I just winged it and repotted mine in a mix of normal potting soil with dashes of orchid potting mix to lighten it up. Hasn't killed them, so it couldn't have been an atrocious choice, I think...

Thumbnail by fatcaudex
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Fatcaudex, how OLD are your seedlings?

Providence, RI

I haven't planted the seeds yet. I wanted to know if I needed to soak them first before I sow them. Any instructions that may help me be successful? I've never grown Adeniums from seeds before...

Yardley, PA

I have never soaked the seeds. They are pretty easy to start. They are fun. Good luck.

I've never soaked the seed. They're really easy to start. Mine are finally outside on the porch. In another week or so they'll get full sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.