CLOSED: Great Blue Lobelia

Saylorsburg, PA

I have A LOT of Blue Lobelia seeds that I collected last August from my garden. Since they are tiny seeds, I'd say I have at least an ounce of them dried. Anyone interested in trading? I particularly like natives of Pennsylvania. :) But if you send me your address/stamps, I'd be happy to just send you some seeds. I've heard they need sunlight to germinate and they like moss. I've started an entire bed of about 20 plants from seeds. If you need advice just ask :) Corrie
http://plants.usda.gov/plantguide/pdf/cs_losi.pdf
Here is a good guide :)
Just so you know, they like moist conditions. At least when you start them. They can handle dry conditions after they are established. They also need a liquid fertilizer about every two weeks until they are big enough to transplant into your garden. I have a friend who starts them in moss and apparently they thrive that way.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2011 1:36 PM

i would be happy to trade. please check my trade list and let me know if anything interests you.

Winnetka, CA

Sunnygrrl...... I would love some of your blue lobelia.....

I have many seeds available for trade...

Lavender breadseed poppies (super pretty cottage gardeny)
Pink yarrow
Love in a mist
Gypsophila elegans (baby's breath)
Mixed zinnias (shorter varieties mixed colors)
Linum perenne lewisii (Flax, blue)
Corn salad (Bistro)
Ligularia (The Rocket)
Datura (Lilac Le Fleur)
Knautica macedonia (crimson scabiosa)
Veronica (Sunny border blue)
Carmencita (red castor beans)
Lanceleaf coreopsis
Pride of Barbados, Caesalpinia pulcherrima
Cimicifuga racemosa (black cohosh)
Cleome (purple)
Black eyed susan
Chinese tallow tree
Virginian stock
Vitex - super gorgeous flowers!

If anything interests you please let me know. Thanks, Nancy

Saylorsburg, PA

YAY! Anyone else want some? I just cleaned it (it was still in the pods drying all winter long) and I believe that I have enough for at least five people depending on how many ask. (Being generous of course.) I don't want it going to waste. I still have my entire bed to collect from next year if all goes well and I did set some aside for myself just in case.
This year, I will be starting some cardinal flower in the same manner as I started the blue lobelia two summers ago. Hopefully with similar results. :-) I'm not sharing the cardinal flower until I get a bloom out of it though so thats a couple years off.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

I would like some lobelia seed. Please look at my "have" list to see if you see something you want. If not, let me know. Cam

Omega, GA

I would love to get some (just a few). I have some moonflower seed & some others I'll list. Let me go check!

Spring, TX

I'd love some as well! I have:
Tomato - Black Krim
Tomato - Roma VF
Fernleaf Dill
Vinca Boa
Pentas Graffiti
Asclepias Silky
Bacopa Bluetopia Blue
Scarlet Flax
Melampodium Million Gold

All are commercial seeds from Harris, Burpee or Botanical Interests.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

Saylorsburg, PA

Hi All! If you would like some seed, just send me your address in a Dmail. :) I'll send the seeds. Corrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.