Cosmos "Double Click" & "Double Take"

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I've only planted Cosmos in the last couple of years and I love them. This year I discovered Double Click and Double Take. Has anyone tried these varieties and what do you think of them?

Toni

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I grew them a couple years ago and loved them. They looked good blended in with the traditional single flowered varieties. Very nice colors, too.
The only "drawback" was that the blooms seemed heavy for the stems and they tended to "nod" forward...but I think it's because I didn't feed mine. I usually don't bother feeding cosmos as they don't appear to need it, but maybe these do.
They were just as prolific as the single flowered strains. I'll definitely plant them again this year.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you for sharing your experience with Double Click JasperDale! I've purchased every single Burpee variety available in the usual box stores and found Double Click and Double Take (I think it's a new one for Burpee) at a nursery. I love the way Cosmos fill in and meander among the other flowers in the garden. I'll be starting seed soon.

Toni

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Cosmos really can't be beat if you want a tall, easy to grow, prolific annual. Plus, they reseed, which is great, too !
If you like the cottage garden look, Cosmos are sort of a "must" IMO.
They look great combined with larkspur, delphinium, foxgloves, queen annes lace, etc.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

JasperDale, my Cosmos never reseed due to the cold winters I suppose. Although Cleome, Nicotiana, Celosia, Ageratum and Giant Purple Amaranth reseed like mad and come back for years. Go figure!

This is a self-seeded Amaranth.

Toni

Thumbnail by toni5735

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.