Garden Expo Hosta place

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Found the card again..Land of the Giants Hosta Farm had a very nice exhibit this year.
Milton is not far from Janesville ..and a nice drive from the Madison area.
www.landofthegianthostafarm.com

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I plan to make it there ONE day. I drive that area [the highway] every time I head north.

I may MapQuest and see if I can get a route through when headed to Janesville. Keeping driving to minimum for now.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Jeff and Penny Miller are awesome. :)

Just be warned--Land of the Giants is not open as a retail nursery on a day-to-day basis. You need to phone and set up a time to come visit. And if you know what plants you want Jeff will dig them up for you in advance.

They also have an open house on Memorial Day weekend. They'll have a bunch of plants potted up for sale, plus Jeff will dig whatever you may want a piece of right from the ground. Again, be warned...if you plan to have a plant dug you're probably going to be waiting for a while during the open house. When I was there last year I was told it would likely be an hour or so wait. (And it was hotter than blazes that weekend with no place to sit and wait.)

Jeff's plants are REALLY nice. I have a few of them and they've done well. I'm looking forward to getting more this year!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

thanks K... didnt know that.

Thanks K..I didn't know that either and I would not be able to wait in the heat.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Just doin' my hostaholic civic duty. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.