March 24th, 2011: Variegated Oak Leaf Scented Geranium 'Variegated Oak Leaf' (Pe

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

The Bloom of the Day for March 24th, 2011 was Variegated Oak Leaf Scented Geranium 'Variegated Oak Leaf' (Pelargonium ).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2011-03-24

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

What a pretty geranium, love the darker splashes in the middles, such contrast!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Great shot Lali! I was able to pick up a few more pretty pels yesterday from Robin at the Flower Show. Then I go to her website and lust for more!

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

Exactly why I'm not going to the show this year. Too tempted and both of my greenhouses are BURSTING at the seams!
Hope it was a good show, been following it via Annies' on FB.
p.s. I have some roses for you if you want. propagated WAY more than I thought would take, and now have nowhere to put them.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Email me! We move into the new house this Sunday! Finally! You'll have to give me your successful rooting recipe as I would love to try a few roses myself.

My Mom and I bought different pels and we plan on sharing cuttings eventually. You and I were going to do that a few years ago and then life got busy or something, now we'll be closer!

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

My 'secret' is Zuzu's recipe.
Step one: Cut rose braches
Step two: stick in soil

She taught me to just stick the cuttings in the ground and they'll likely root. I put like 40 in a 2 gallon can and 99% rooted. Then I separated them out and put them 3 to a 1 gallon can.

I never knew they were that easy!

SO glad you're going to be my neighbor finally! Woo Hoo! Plus, my Zumba instructor just announced that she's adding two classes in your town if your game!

I'll shoot an email a bit later. Gotta run.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.