Tree for Free in Kalamazoo

Galesburg, MI(Zone 6a)

I have a rental house in Kalamazoo that has a tree that needs to be removed ASAP. The tree was planted 7 years ago when I lived in the house. It was labeled as a dwarf ornamental cherry and was supposed to be 6 ft at maturity. It was clearly mislabeled in regards to its size. While I was living there I kept in pruned down when I realized it wasn't a dwarf at all. Well that was well over a year ago and I recently discovered that my renter is not exactly an expert arborist. He said the tree was getting overgrown in the fall and we were going to send someone over to prune it. But when he offered to do it himself for free I took a leap of faith. You can see the result in the pictures I am going to post. He heavily pruned everything that was under the overhang and didn't touch anything else.

So, if you have the will to come out and dig/transport it and the skill to rehab the mangled pruning job, it is yours. It is in Kalamazoo so you can decide if that is too far to drive from where you are. If there are a lot of people interested, preference will be to whoever is available to get it soonest. So please include when you think you would be available. Thanks!

Thumbnail by kellydz
Galesburg, MI(Zone 6a)

Here is another angle.

Thumbnail by kellydz
Galesburg, MI(Zone 6a)

And the other side.

Thumbnail by kellydz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.