Spring order :)

Jupiter, FL

Got my coleus today for Rosy Dawn ! They are big and beautiful . I put them in 4 in pots and gave them a quick hose down. Will take a pic tomorrow after I pot them up . :)

Danville, IN

I had a great order from RD last spring. They all thrived, and some of them are now 5' standards that I overwintered.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Love RD's plants

Springdale, UT

My order of 20 coleus arrived on my birthday as I planned .... what an awesome present to unwrap ! RD is amazing their packing technique is incredible.... I cannot figure out how they can fold a large coleus like Mariposa into that little tube without breaking a single leaf. What a fun b'day every plant was just stunning and so easy to transplant. Now 2 days later they are all unfolded and look as if I have had them for weeks . Thank you

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wishing you a belated happy birthday. What a lovely way to celebrate it!

Springdale, UT

Oh they also sent some bonus plants..... Has anyone heard of Abigail ? can't find it anywhere, must be a new one. I'll post pix later today

This message was edited Mar 24, 2011 7:24 AM

Springdale, UT

Thank you Pirl you are so sweet : )

Jupiter, FL

Happy b-day dragonman..... I just planted mine up and gave them a drink. Will take pictures when they are nice and perky. I got Brooklyn horror , Red sheild and Laser red for
my bonus.The high Temps have been in the lower 80 and the low been in the lower 60 so I will be taking these out in the AM and bringing them in at night for a few days.

Springdale, UT

thank you weloveouryard, I wanted Brooklyn Horror so bad but decided to go with Black Lace. I'm not sorry it is gorgeous but I still want to get Brooklyn eventually :) Oh, and our temps have been crazy it was snowing when my coleus were delivered. Mt greenhouse is about to explode, I hate to keep cutting these beauties back it's like throwing jewelery away. Spring where are you ??????

This message was edited Mar 24, 2011 8:21 AM

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Last year I got my order from Rosy Dawn end of March. Could not plant for three weeks because it was so cold. So this year I chose April 21st. Now we are in the 90s. Cannot win. LOL. Sharon.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

We are due for a colder spring and dryer summer.
My order is due May 31

Mount Laurel, NJ

YEA! I got my RD order today. They are beautiful. I'm sure glad it was a nice warm day today because I had to go out to a meeting and they were laying on the porch when I got back. I don't know how long they were there, it could have been hours! But no problem, as it was almost 70 degrees today! I knew they were coming and almost canceled my meeting to receive them, then I noticed a warm forcast. I'll have to keep them inside for several weeks of course, as today's nice weather was unusual and we could get a freeze again. I've got them all potted up now and they look good. I got mostly red ones, plus 'mariposa'.

Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Lake Stevens, WA

Very nice! Mine will come around May 15. Ordered with a friend, each of us got 10.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

They look great.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Mine were waiting when I returned from a trip to NC and Va. I lost a few leaves as they were probably in the mailbox for 2 days, but they were cool days.
They all bounced back quickly.
I have an order coming from Gebharts this week also. I'll post pictures later.
Sidney

Looks like the Coleous season is well under way. I have hundreds of little seedlings that have came up where I had Coleous last year. They are about an inch high now, all different colors, not sure what I will have!!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

How exciting! Please post photos as they grow!

Rene, I bet you get some good ones. They may look nothing like their parents. ;)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes photos please.

Mount Laurel, NJ

Oh wow, isn't that neat, that they'll come up from seed. I don't think that happens very often here in NJ. It must be really pretty living in FL with all the plants and flowers all year long.

Yes it is Coleouslover, I am a Fl. native. Traveled extensively over the US wouldn't live any where else!!!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I have been to Florida. You have really BIG bugs. LOL. Sharon, Las Vegas....

I got the prettiest order from Gebhart's. My DC who's visiting had unwrapped them and they are even prettier than RDs.
I'll post pictures tomorrow.
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.