CLOSED: Birthday Club 2011 #5

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

So cool Loopy! You are getting good stuff. Just raining here today. No cherry blossoms unfortunately. :0)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

We just had a sprinkling of rain this morning, more is on the way tonight and again Sunday or Monday. Have you ever attended the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC? It must be a glorious site and is another event on my bucket list.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Only seen them from afar. Too much traffic to go in to the city.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I bet thats gorgeous! I would love to take the kids sometime.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all!
Crit, those teacup and saucer planters must be really cute :) Fruity, your card was mailed today (signed from me and my guide dog). Those bluebird windchimes sound lovely! And I think I'd much prefer a cherry-blossom rain than the just-plain-rain kind :)
It would be fun if you all could join me for the rose garden tour :) I'll try to remember some things to share about it. Turns out that there are two rose gardens in San Jose, the Municipal Rose Garden and the Heritage Rose Garden. The speaker we heard talk on Wednesday was from the Heritage Rose Garden. But the outing organizer was thinking we were going to the other one. They would both be fun to visit, but I'm hoping we're going to the Heritage Rose Garden this time because I'd love to see that granny smith scented rose and the rose with the leaves that smell like pepper. I'll keep you posted!
Michelle

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Here are the goodies from my box from Mary. It is just terrific.

If anyone can box up a couple of inches of rain for Green Country and send it this way we would appreciate it !!!! Green Country is going to be Brown Country, and in places because of the fires BLACK Country, before long!!!!

The pics don't do the bird feeder or the fish chime justice. They are much prettier. And the tea cup and saucer planters are just beautiful!!!

This message was edited Apr 8, 2011 5:58 PM

Thumbnail by Crit
(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Mary did a wonderful job on those boxes, didn't she? I'm lucky if I get my swaps out on time and birthday gift certificate out in time. Crit, you can send that hummer feeder over to my house if you want :)

Check out the date, ladies...it's Fruity's bday!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dearest Fruity/ Fruit Loop/ Loopers/ FOTV/ Susan, Happy Birthday to you...and many, many more!!!

Hope you have the most splendid day!

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

lol! Good singin' Di! I heard all the way over here! =)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRUIT! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

You all beat me here this morning. Happy, Happy, Happy, Birthday Miss Frosted Fruit Loop. Thank God you are now older than I am. At least for the next 6 months anyway. Hee Hee....

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Hey Di did you get an envelope from me this week???

FU, United States(Zone 9b)

Happy Birthday Susan! Have an awesome day :]

You know it's gonna be a happy day because of all of you, my Dear Friends!

There's a nice bottle of blackberry wine in the fridge.....just might have to take a nip or two tonight :)

XOXO
Fruit Cocktail

Happy Birthday Fruit Loop. I hope to get your b'day box out before by b'day gets here...... ^_^

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Received my gift certificate from bluestone today. Thank you Fruity! Happy dance! I will let you know what I picked out when I narrow the list down a wee bit!! lol!

Erin ((((HUGS)))))

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday "Dear Friend" Wish I could celebrate with you.
Faye

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Haooy Birthday♫♪ from me and Charley too.
Hugs and nuzzles, dear girl. Oodles of more birthdays too!!!!!

OK, DH has gone over to a buddies, and I need a break from going through boxes in the garage (NO I don't want to throw THAT away!!!!!), so believe I will work on the birthday boxes, and maybe even a Bunny Hop box. It's 91* here now. Still need wet stuff to fall from the sky!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all are too good to me :)

I know what you mean by narrowing down, Erin. While you're at it, be sure to check their "web only" specials. You probably already know that though.

Send me some heat. We barely made it to 50 today, had T-storms to beat the band last night with a beautiful lightning show, and it's storming again. No sign of lightning yet so I'm still on.

Fruity, your box is packed and will be on it's way Monday. And the other April b'days too. Need to go in and finish my bunnies box, but not sure I'm done with it yet.

I would be glad to send you some heat in exchange for some rain. I would even take thunderstorms right now....so dry! Finally turned on the AC when it got to 86 a couple days ago. 91 here today. Been working on that darn garage! UGH. Stuff I want to keep but no where to put it.

Blackshear, GA

Hello everyone,
We have been on Spring Break and just got back in town. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Fruity!!!

I will try to mail your package tomorrow and get on the others also. I am beat, so off to bed.

Hey Neener..yes, I did receive a card from you but I'm not allowed to open it until the actual day due to family rules :)

If any of us receives a card not on our actual birthday we have to wait until the cake on birthday night to open it in front of the family no matter who sent it. I was able to get past them on the packages by saying there might be plants in them but they are refusing on the card. I have the one from you and one from my aunt waiting on the table.

Ladies, I have received some of the most wonderful packages over the past few days. I have been blown away by your creativeness, inventiveness and generosity by the things I received so far and just can't thank you all enough.

Well, durn it, you all blew me away so much I clicked on send before I could put the first picture up!

This is from Chris - LoveForests. They are handmade tea towels - that what we call them here, I know some people refer to them as dish towels. These are so pretty, Chris - did you make these yourself? I tried to take the picture so everyone could see the full effect. The crochet on these is beautiful! The red is a flower scene that reads 'the Perry Seed Store' on top and the blue one is birdhouses, birds, and vines. So nice, Chris - thank you!

Thumbnail by janaestone

This box is from Faye - dahtzu. The blue box in the back is a jewelry box - all sparkly and ready for something special, then there is an Easter grass smiling face with a a votive candle and a small holder tray that has the prettiest flower in the middle of it - the 'mouth' was made up of cleome, hot pink four o'clocks, and blue bearded iris seeds - very nice! And lastly there was a thornless blackberry plant - thank you so much for that, Faye - I've been wanting some of the thornless variety for a long time. I ordered some a few years back and sure enough, the guy sent me briars on every one. Faye, thank you, so very much for everything!

This message was edited Apr 10, 2011 11:48 AM

Thumbnail by janaestone

This one is from Charley...he sent me an ornament with a note that say 'Love and nuzzles - Charley the mule'.

I'm doing a happy dance over this one because now I'm an official Charley's girl - woo hoo! ^_^

Thumbnail by janaestone
(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Happy Belated birthday, Fruity, my dear friend.. sorry I've been MIA..my darling Grandson left his cold behind after visiting me and I've been sick :(

I've got 3 boxes ready to send out tomorrow..will hold Mary's until she says it's safe to send it :)

Here's what was in the box from Charleen. Unfortunately there are now only 2 Reese cups because as soon as I took the picture, DH snatched one! There is a wonderful lilac candle that smells heavenly, yellow iris - I'm an iris nut, Soloman's Seal - ;) - thanks, Charleen - as soon as I'm done here, I'm off to plant this because I can't wait to see how it does. There is a hummer ornie that is so cute that DH wants to hang outside near the hummer feeders but I told him it was for the Christmas tree :). Then there is a polished pink rock with darker lines running through this- it's hard to see just how pretty it is in the picture but when you hold it up by the wire loop it is shaped like a heart - just lovely and I'm going to hang it in my screen porch on a piece an artist friend made for me - it will look just perfect there. Finally, there is the prettiest silver bracelet,; the beads are dusky pink, light purple with darker purple stars. Charleen, when you said you wanted bracelet sizes I never knew you would send something like this! What a beautiful bracelet and such a nice box of surprised to open up - thank you!

Thumbnail by janaestone
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Super boxes there Di. Funny, we call them tea towels too. Didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about if I called them that. :0)

We are all Charley's angels... :0)

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Been outside all day cutting down huge pricker bushes and clearing a chunk of semi-wooded land for a veggie garden. Putting a fence around it to keep out the little critters but don't know how I'm gonna keep out those bears!

Erin

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Quote from momoftwo607 :
Been outside all day cutting down huge pricker bushes and clearing a chunk of semi-wooded land for a veggie garden. Putting a fence around it to keep out the little critters but don't know how I'm gonna keep out those bears!

Erin

A shotgun maybe....LOL!

Bear-be-gone?

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

the farmer that lives next to us said that the only way to shoot a bear is if you have a permit. They do. Hopefully they won't be too much of a problem this summer. I wish there was such a thing as bear b gone!

OK, have a shipping question. Well, really 2.

First off, where do you guys get the plastic things with air in them for shipping. Those are great since they don't add weight to the boxes, and I've received several different sizes. (I'm re-using too. tee hee)

Second, where do you go to get mailing labels for the flat rate boxes so you can just print and attach, then the mailman will pick it up and you don't have to go to the Post Office. I've been runnning around the USPS sight, and haven 't found it.

TIA

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Patty the labels I get from Stamps.com, but I imagine you could get something similar online from Amazon.

The little air bag thingies I get in packages that are shipped to me from Amazon and I have been reusing them.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I get mine from work when we have stuff that comes in that are breakable. You can buy them too. Most stores carry them.

Erin

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

New Thread Ladies!!!

Follow the cake crumbs and the sticky frosting fingers:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1171758/

FU, United States(Zone 9b)

Glad you liked them Dianae :]
And what awesome and sweet gifts you received from others. That mule sculpture is so pretty, I love that.

~Have a nice evening~

--Christina.

Hi, all!
Missed getting a chance to log on yesterday, so...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Susan!
Di, those b-day gifts sound great! I wish I could see those crocheted towels. I do crocheting, too, though I haven't done much recently. Want to get back to it again some time.
Bears... I'll try to remember to be thankful that I don't have to worry about them getting into my garden the next time I see evidence of the squirrels visiting!
Crit, wow, 91 degrees in April? Isn't that unusual there for this time of year? You could share a little of that heat out here, too, if you'd like. I wouldn't mind :) Spring keeps playing peek-a-boo with us. It keeps looking like we're done with the cold, and then the cold sneaks back for a bit... But at least it's warmer than colder now more of the time... And I'll try to send some rain your way, too :)
Hey, if any of you are interested in having some canna rhizomes, I posted a thread over on the plant trading forum. Look for "Orange Canna Rhizomes for Postage". Sorry, I'd put a link here, but I don't know how.
Oh, and one of you ladies told me how to post pictures earlier. Thanks! I'll have to give it a try some time!
Michelle

Neener, looks like it's getting time for a new thread... Thanks!
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.