CLOSED: Birthday Club 2011 #5

Warner Robins, GA(Zone 8b)

And the frogs.....they're adorable! Thank you so much, Chris!

Thumbnail by MaggieHanson

And from Synda (even though she's not in this club), I got a coffee maker that I wanted sooooooo bad, a cute little pair of boots for hens-n-chicks, and a MILLION seeds......she's trying to have me committed to the local psychiatric ward!!!!!

One type of seed at a time, Maggie. One type of seed at a time. LOL

Thumbnail by MaggieHanson
Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

You cleaned up pretty good Maggie! Great gifts!

Erin

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Great gifts Maggie. Glad you enjoyed them!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

It just occurred to me (after someone mentioned it) that FOTV isn't in the addy exchange. So if any of you need her address, let me know and I will send it to you. Don't want our special Fruit Cake to miss out on any birthday goodies. v:0)

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I got her present sent(fotv). But I had to look it up in my B'day Addresses. Well. now everyone knows If You get anything from me at least one will be a Charley mule for I truelly love my mule and want you all to love him too. I like his grinning, don't you all????

FU, United States(Zone 9b)

He he, she called her FruitCake, lol.

Ridesredmule, Mules are adorable. A Charley Mule gift is a cute and wonderful gift to give :]

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

You wouldn't believe how many endearing nicknames folks have dubbed on me, Chris. lol, all in good fun. Really glad you decided to join us.

Maggie, I didn't know your hubby had been deployed (((HUGS))) Gosh how are you going to manage with the kiddos? Just take one day at a time. Lots of great gifts there too, girlie. You know we're all here for you, only a click away. The rings in yours gifts are wine charms. How did you like the wine?

Yeah, I agree.....everybody needs their own Charley.

On her Fingers, Fruity. Winey fingers☺ Yes Everyone!!

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

We're managing fine. I just drive everyone nuts by calling them constantly...looking for adult conversation. Lol! I'm busier than normal, to say the least. It's ok though, my kids are my world and deployments are part of Keith's job. Before we know it, he'll be back home!

The wine was fantastic!!! I filled glass after glass, until it was gone (whoops!). Very sweet. I could definately taste grapes. Was that locally made? Wine charms...I've never had any of those before! I need to go buy myself a few bottles and some new wine glasses. Mine were crushed in our move. Grrr!

What does Flag mean, Char?

The winery is about 1-1/2 drive from our home, been there many times for tastings and lunch. Our grocery and convenience stores carry their complete line. The bottle I sent you is very sweet, not sure what kind of grapes go to into making it, but to me it tastes like Muscadines. When I have a sweet tooth, it's really good for dessert with pears and a slice of pound cake. But that's too late for you...lol Glad you enjoy it!

Fight Like a Girl, The girls with Breast Cancer is who I am sending those too. It is Charley's Tribute to them.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all!
Welcome to the group, LoveForests! Nice to have a summer birthday girl in the group :)
Hmmm, never had a mule... could be interesting :)
Maggie, have fun growing all those plants! I'll be keeping you, Keith, and your kids in my prayers.
Well, we just had a week full of down-pouring rain. But this week is supposed to be nicer, perhaps even up to 70 on Wednesday. I sure hope so, 'cause I have a bunch of plants and bulbs that arrived a week ago that I really need to get planted. Wanted to plant them when they arrived, but it was too cold and rainy. Been enjoying my amaryllis blooms this month. And I have more on the way... Not only am I looking forward to my first seedling blooming (started from seed in July 2008), but I discovered that one of the offsets from my very first amaryllis is going to bloom for its first time! :)
Michelle

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Quote from LoveForests :
He he, she called her FruitCake, lol.

Ridesredmule, Mules are adorable. A Charley Mule gift is a cute and wonderful gift to give :]

Stick around Chris...We had a memeber a while back that decided to give us nicknames. She wanted to call Fruity..Fruitcake and it stuck and we went from there. That's how I got to be Neener. She called me Neener, Neener or Gooberhead. Janie wasn't around for long, but she made an impact!

LoL, that is so funny, rvnsbrk. Cute too.

:]

And, Thank you GardenQuail.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Fruit-your box went out today,priority. =)

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

We also call her Fruit Loops LOL!! It almost becomes a game to see what NEW name we can come up with that has the word "fruit" in it. :)

Maggie, I'm glad everything made it there all in one piece..I was really nervous to be sending that candle- you just never know how the box will be treated!

I think it's pretty cool that all of us will have a Charley of our own.. heck, we're Charley's Angels LOL!!!!!!!

Ok.. going back to my corner again :)

LOL, Chris, you are funny, love your humor :]

Well, 'FruitFellFromTheVine' should get her little B-day gift around March 31-April 4 :]

Nighty Nights.

--Christina.

This message was edited Mar 28, 2011 7:49 PM

[quote="ClanCampbell"]We also call her Fruit Loops LOL!! It almost becomes a game to see what NEW name we can come up with that has the word "fruit" in it. :)

Maggie, I'm glad everything made it there all in one piece..I was really nervous to be sending that candle- you just never know how the box will be treated!

I think it's pretty cool that all of us will have a Charley of our own.. heck, we're Charley's Angels LOL!!!!!!!

Ok.. going back to my corner again :)[/

Yes, everything was just perfect! And thanks to those of you who sent candles....my house smells fabulous! :)

Charley's Angels...you just had to go and remind me how old I am...huh?

Thanks, all you early birds :) Last year my B-day party was from April to June, pretty cool for this tough old bird.

We had a dusting of snow this morning. Something about snow and a Cherry Tree nearly in full bloom just doesn't compute.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Crap! Frosted Fruit Flakes that really bites. Please keep it. The snow that is.:0)

What;s with that "tough old bird" stuff?? We have decided here that the proper term is "seasoned".

That's it, you are all Charley's Angels. Out my backdoor is a blooming mess.....Love you all.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Actually Char if you were to move the John Deere out of the picture and put the old tractor in it's place with a flower bed around it, that would be show worthy!

Quote from rvnsbrk :
Actually Char if you were to move the John Deere out of the picture and put the old tractor in it's place with a flower bed around it, that would be show worthy!

I agree!!! :)

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Great minds think alike Maggie. :0)

Girls, come on down and we will put in a flower garden together. I love my Old tractors, something is wrong with me and my little JohnDeere, I do need to move it. ☺

Trade you labor and some more blooms on your new flower garden for the John Deere, Char. Our old rider is just about shot.

Robert says this one needs a tune up. We also got a neat little Farmall, needs a gasline and new tires. I need to get you a picture. It's just sittin there and trees growing around it.

We spent more last year on our old rider than it's worth giving it a tune-up, new belts and a new mowing deck. There comes a time when you have to throw in the towel and say enough is enough, bite the bullet and just go buy a new one.

I'm usually the one to mow and would love to have a zero turn mower.....just dreaming.

I hope you April birthday ladies don't mind getting the same things. I bought basically the same for each of you. I'll be sending them within the next week.

You're so sweet, Maggie. I'm just thrilled to get a package.

I've been looking at want lists and have been gathering a while for my fellow April gals.

I have a stock pile of random stuff. I probably should look at the wants/likes list huh??? I'm an airhead!

Between your stuff and mine, I bet we could launch a bunch of hot air balloons.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Fruit, keep watch at the mailman. You should be getting a package today (or tomorrow). =) It was sent priority.

Erin

Erin, I love this patchwork tote bag. Did you make it? It's really beautiful work.
In addition to the bag and a cool B-Day card, she sent a Sunflower garden flag, 'Blackberry Ripple' Dahlia tuber, several kinds of seeds, and issues of Garden Gate and Birds & Blooms.

Chris (LoveForests) sent two prints of her original photography on super glossy paper. The crispness and detail in these is amazing. One is a frog scene and the other is songbirds. Birthday wishes are printed on the back of each photo. Chris, your work is so much better than I could capture in a pic here. Had to keep stepping back so my flash didn't ruin the look. Now we know who to go to for photography tips!

oops...forgot the pic.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I would love to learn how to make them. My Grandmother makes them. I buy the material. I'm glad you liked everything. =)

Erin

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Oh so cool stuff Fruit Loop!! WoW those photos are the best! Gotta love a new member who sends right away. So sweet....

Just doing a drive by. Will catch up tomorrow. Long day and I had one drink when I got home that went straight to my head. Best to go get a shower and not try to type too much so I don't embarass myself too much with bad spelling. :0)

Please thank your Grandmother for making one for me, Erin. You definitely had me pegged with the paisleys and earthy colored fabrics. Along with everything else :) Off to look up the Dahlia.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.